Chapter 10

'So... This is the bar?'

You approached it slowly, your eyes scanning the many bottles on the shelves behind the counter.

'Holy shit, there's so many drinks'.

You joined a couple of people, carefully selecting a drink.
You hadn't touched much alcohol for about a year, but seeing as you were going through all this shit, you knew that you deserved a couple of sips.
The bartender passed you a drink, a smile crossed his features.

'I didn't even tell you what drink'.

He tapped his temple, 'I know my job so well that I know what kind of people go with certain drinks'.
You weren't going to lie, you were impressed, 'and what's your name?'

'Clark'.

You raised a glass to him, 'well then, thank you Clark', you take a sip and scrunch up your face immediately, 'holy fucking shit! What is this shit?!'
You slammed the glass down and tried to regain your breathing.
Clark looked at you in shock before chuckling, 'alright, maybe I made a mistake, how about a white wine then?'

'Yeah sorry, I think I need one of those'.

'It's alright, I've dealt with these situations before'.

He passed you a glass of white wine and you sighed after taking a sip, 'much better,
How long have you been behind the bar in this place?'
Clark smirked, wiping a wine glass clean, 'for a very long time, since I was in my early twenties'.

'Oh? How old are you- shit sorry! I didn't mean to pry'.

He chuckled softly, 'it's alright, I'm thirty seven'.

'Oh wow, you look much younger'.

He bowed his head, 'thank you for making me feel great about myself', you roll your eyes.

He spoke again, 'no one ages like fine wine as well as John Wick though'.
The image of John flashed in your mind, he's right, he was bloody handsome that's for sure.

You stayed in the bar talking to Clark until John had stepped into the bar.
You noticed that the room had gone quiet and you notice Clark's eyes grow wide for a few moments before looking down at his glass, 'John's here'.

John entered the room and scanned the area, his eyes met yours.

He found me.

Not that you were hiding from him in the first place.
He joined your side by the bar, 'how do you like the bar?' He asked and you raised the glass at him, 'it's really nice, I haven't had a drink for a while, so this is nice, Clark here has been very nice, he's been here for quite some time'.
John smiled at the bartender, 'I know, he's a great guy, I'm glad he's working here's.
Clark gave him a small salute, 'always at your service, want a drink?' John shook his head, 'I'm alright, I'll have one later, I just wanted to see how (Y/N) was going, she just got here'.
Clark chuckled, 'yes I figured, she didn't particularly like the drink I brought her but I got the second one right'.
You roll your eyes at that comment, 'alright, you did well', you finish the rest of your drink, 'anyway we best head off, I'm a little tired'.

'In the nicest way possible, you certainly look tired'.

'Thanks Clark'.

You gave him a little salute, 'see you around Clark'.
John followed you out into the lobby, 'I can show you the rest of the hotel later on if you want?' John mentioned and you chuckled, 'oh? A personal tour of this place? Of course!'

'You're tired though, so you can-'.

'Wasn't there a mini bar up in the hotel room?'

'Yes? Why?'

'Let's go!'

'(Y/N), you don't have to do this'.

'No, we have to drink! Now hurry up, you're so uptight!'

You grab him by his arm and pull him into the elevator.

Once you got to your room you went straight to the fridge, 'alright, do you know what's in here?'

'Not so sure, they change the drinks every now and then'.

You picked up a bottle, 'wow, this bottle looks interesting, it's almost shaped like a-'.

'Squid, they call the drink the Kraken'.

'Is it nice?'

'I don't think you would like it'.

'Are you serious? You think I can't handle it?!'

'Clarke said you couldn't handle the first drink he gave you'.

You glared at him, 'seriously? You're really going there?'
John cocked an eyebrow at you and you felt something ignite in you. John Wick was a very handsome man, and you were quite surprised by the fact that he had no one... Maybe it was because of who he was and what he did for a living?
It took you a few moments before you realised that John had moved closer to you and that he was talking to you, trying to grab your attention.

'Shit! Sorry!'

He looked at you in concern, 'are you okay? You zoned out on me'.

'Huh? Oh yeah that's what alcohol does to me, but I'm fine to drink more, I just have to relax'.

John looked at the bar and sighed, 'let me have a look at the bar, and if I feel that you've had too much, I'll stop you, deal?'

'Sounds like a deal to me'.