Chapter 3

Melanie slammed into you and you almost fell back into the hallway.

'Mel! Jesus, hold on!'

You managed to grab ahold of her before toppling over.

'Alrighty, so what's up? Anything new for me to know?'

You grabbed a bottle of wine, 'so... Michael... I'm going to see him tomorrow'.
Melanie threw you a dirty look, 'are you fucking serious? You're dating Mr. Daydream?!'

'Shh! Will you quit it!'

'I mean, come on!'

'Shh- I know! I know!'

Melanie gulped a mouthful of red wine, 'you gotta cancel on him, asap! I'll do it for you!'
She went for your phone but you snatch it away before she could do anything, 'look... I saw a woman enter John's house... She was... Beautiful', Melanie's determined look vanished, 'shit... So, he's seeing someone?'

'I mean... Look he didn't come out to see her and kiss her or anything'.

'He could have opened the door and kiss her-'.

'Mel, you're not helping me at all!'

'What?! Okay look, how about we go and spy on him!'

You nearly choke on the red wine, 'spy- are you fucking serious?!'

'It's me (Y/N), you should know me!'

She chugs the last of the red wine and points to the door, 'get your ass up! We're going over to his!'

'Mel! What the hell!'

You chase her out the front door, 'Jesus Christ! Will you slow down!'
You had to lower your voice as you crossed over the street.
The moon was high, lighting up the street. Looking at your watch you saw that it was 8pm.

Maybe just a peak.

This was wrong, so wrong, but you were already at his place and you were trying to get your drunk friend back... Scratch it, you're going to get your drunk friend!

'Mel!'

You whisper sharply, 'get your fucking ass back here, we gotta head back to mine!'

You slow down as you watch Melanie disappear into the bushes on the side of John's house.

Oh dear god.

You slowly made your way through the bushes, making sure that you didn't stand on any twigs, though that was going to be a hard thing not to do.

'Mel?'

You whisper, you reached out and touched the wall, feeling your way across.
You managed to come in contact with a metal gate, which had been unlocked.

Nice one Mel!

You were getting angry now, you didn't expect Mel to do this.

'You're a fucking idiot, you know that Mel?'

You slip through the gate and step into the back yard. Thankfully you had cover. It seems that John liked to garden.

'(Y/N)! Over here!'

You hear Mel whisper at you and you see her further up a head, she motioned for you to join her side and once you did, you whacked her upside the head.

'Ow! What the fuck was that for?!'

'Are you fucking serious? You're wondering why I'm hitting you? We're in the backyard of John's house because you're so fucking drunk!'

Melanie's hand shoots out and grabs you by the arm, 'look, I can see them!' She points both the woman and John out. You could see them through the window.

'His house is quite snazzy, you can see everything out the back here... Does he know that we're watching?'

You pull at her sleeve, 'I don't know and I don't care, we need to go!'
Melanie ripped her arm out of your grip, 'look! They're kissing!' You Cover her mouth quickly but your heart dropped when you saw John kissing the woman.

Oh no...

You finally let go of Melanie and rush back to the gate, Melanie followed you quickly. It was the sound of a lot shattering that made you stop. You looked back in fear and you saw Melanie trying to pick up the prices of a ceramic plant pot.

'Mel! Fucking move it!'

You rush through the gate the moment you hear the glass slide door opening.
You burst out of the bushes, across the street and back into the safety of your own home. Melanie followed you in.

'Are you fucking kidding me Mel?!'

You slam the door shut in anger, 'we almost got caught!'
You couldn't hold back the rage, 'no more drinking for you! You do stupid things when you're drinking!'

Melanie was quiet as you shouted at her but you stopped when you noticed her starting to cry and you sighed.

'Look Mel... What we did was dangerous alright? I know you were drunk, but we invaded someone else's privacy, you wouldn't like it if someone did that to you, would you?' Melanie shook her head.

'I'm sorry... I just wanna see you happy'.

You give her a hug, 'I know, I understand... But it looks like John is happy right now, and maybe we should leave him be'.

'I guess'.

You point to the sofa, 'let's watch one movie and then we can go to bed, there's no way you're driving home'.