Chapter 21; Beginnings

I awoke the next day cheery and ready to start fresh, possibly fresher than I've ever started before. The sun rays shone right through our bedroom window, covering our skin and bed. We were engulfed in warmth and the relieving and refreshing attributes of the sun. June was lying next to me, right below my head. I felt her soft, brown hair on my chin and I was extremely happy to have her back, yet along with that unbelievable emotion brought hell and despair. An indescribable post-pain that could only be revealed through my pen. 

June started to move, I was lost in thought and it startled me. She swung around in the bed, to face me. 

"Good morning June, how did you sleep." I said. She was very anxious and seemed as if she was already awake for hours on edge.

"Alright- I suppose." She said with weary eyes and a dry throat. "I guess it could've been better, it definitely wasn't one of my incredible beauty sleeps." She mumbled beginning into a enormous yawn.

"Well, should I make you some coffee then love?" I asked wholeheartedly and full of energy and excitement.

"Sure, I guess I'll go and pick up Shelly from nextdoor." She said a bit more clearly than her last line of words.

I hopped out of bed, without changing into my casual clothes, I threw on a pair of slippers and struggled to quickly make it into the bathroom, which was only five feet away. I took step onto a cool, soft, and fake marble tile floor. I flicked up the tap and splashed some cold water onto my face. I went one second into blindness before my entire face was filled with an icy blast. I blindly a towel to the right of me, I knew it was there because that's where it always has been. 

I stumbled out of the bathroom into the kitchen. The Keurig was beeping, I knew June had to of gotten the machine ready before she left. I walked over to our dark brown, oak cupboards and opened them. It revealed a collection of glasses and mugs, each unique to it's shape and color. I grabbed two brown mugs and set one of them under the coffee machine, before it started to brew Shelly walk  in with June.

"Good morning Sweetie, how was your time at the neighbors." I asked in a soothing and comforting voice. It wasn't like Shelly was unaware of our relationship struggles, she knew I had walked out in June's time of betrayal.

"Are you and Mommy going to be okay?" June asked, cautious with her words and mature with her tone. She was being very serious, but I couldn't let her deal with our pain, I wouldn't let her deal with it.

"Yeah Sweetie, me and Mommy are going to be just fine, but listen, I don't want you to ever worry about us, because it is what makes you happy and only you." I said. Normally Dads are the shield in the family, the protectors. I didn't feel that way, I felt like Shelly was vulnerable to our pain, that somehow it would affect Shelly in her later years.

"Okay Daddy." She replied. Shelly was truly adorable, I could not imagine a life without her and her outbursts of joy everyday. She was my other angel, a beloved and beautiful design of God himself.

"Did you make coffee?" June asked.

"Yeah, right here for you." I grabbed the coffee from underneath the spout and carefully handed it to June. She took the mug and gently put it to her lips. I could see the enjoyment and caffeine traveling through her veins as she took her first sip.

"Yum, I love this blend." June said as she drank the coffee slowly and savory.

"I know you do. That's why I made it." I said while I walked up to June and grabbed her hips and went in for a nice morning kiss. June extended her arm out to the side and let our lips touch. 

"I love you Baby." June said after our sweet and loving moment. I could see her blush slowly start to appear, the same blush I fell in love with years ago.

I don't know if June and I would ever return to our normal state of mind after June's incident. She would always be special and extraordinary, but something was lacking, a mysterious missing piece to the puzzle. I've search eternities for this one last piece that would seal it all, except now I am worried that piece ceases to exist. I am worried that the piece I need will be missing forever and there is no easy solution to our relationship. Unfortunately, June and I had already bought the puzzle, there was no returning or replacing, it was just a hell we had to live with.

Shelly was in the secondary bathroom, readying herself for school meanwhile June prepared her lunch. It seemed nothing important needed to be done, so I disappeared into my office to write something magical.

The sun shines on us, yet we cannot see the light.

The moon glitters on our skin, yet the white light is invisible.

We are surrounded by darkness, yet one light remains.

Inside your heart, keys are visible, yet so pains.

I wrote quietly before June walked in.

"Baby, I'm really sorry about dragging you through this mess.I did mean to exchange love with that false lover, but I never knew how much chaos and corruption it would cause." June said while her head and eyes slowly found themselves staring at the ground in pure shame.

"Hey, It's okay. We will get through this together and we will find another way. I know it will be hard and I really need to be able to trust you, so, little by little we'll work through it." I said peacefully and calm. June cried a lot, I could admit that, but this time she didn't and I was curious as to why? Before I could try to get an answer out of her she walked out of the room in silence.

I returned to my work, then I heard a loud pound.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

....

What did you think of Beginnings?

Have any questions, comment them.

Don't forget to vote and follow too!! Godbless!