The Kiss

I wake up in the middle of the night, unable to stay asleep for more than an hour or two at a time.

Unable to stop thinking about what had happened with Draco yesterday.

After he kissed me, he didn't say a word, he just kept looking at me with those eyes.

"Those overrated, stupidly gorgeous grey eyes." I thought to myself, shoving my face into my pillow.

Afterwards, he dropped his hands and walked away without a single hint of emotion, as if nothing had happened, leaving me stunned. He didn't look at me once during dinner this evening.

My mind replayed these events over and over until the crack of dawn, when I eventually crawl out of bed to go for a walk.

***

The crisp, cool air blew gently against my face, sending shivers down my spine. It was a very chilly morning. The crunch of freshly fallen leaves adds a calming effect to my walk, distracting me from other matters as I try to make loud crunches with each step.

I begin to hear louder crunches coming from behind a corner of the castle.

I stop to to listen and hopefully identify the other person coming towards me, wishing profusely that it wasn't a professor.

I then see Harry turn the corner swiftly and lock eyes with me. He turns around and runs away just as quickly.

"Harry!" I shout hoarsely, bolting after him. He kept running, looking back occasionally to see if I would give up trying to catch him.

I never give up when it comes to my friends.

After several minutes of chasing, he slows into a complete stop and turns around to meet my eyes, his expression cold and frustrated.

"What do you want, Abbott?"

I freeze at his obvious annoyance My mind buzzes at his question.

"What do I want?"

"I want to talk to you," I begin slowly, "I want us to make up."

"It's too late to make things up." Harry spits frustratedly. He turns and walks away before I can respond to his statement. I sigh and decide to leave him be. He's still very hurt.

I decide to head back inside and prepare for breakfast. Hermione is most likely awake by now. In the stairway, students begin to file out groggily and meet their friends before breakfast. Hermione soon emerges as well.

"Hermione! Over here!" I shout, waving my arms wildly. This makes her laugh, even though she stills appear exhausted.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." Hermione says cheerfully, trying to wake herself up.

"Good morning 'Mione, are you as hungry as I am?" I ask, dramatically grabbing my stomach.

"I'm starved." She giggles.

***

Hermione burps quite loudly after taking a last bite of toast and turns pink from embarrassment.

"Excuse me." She says sheepishly, hoping no one noticed. I giggle and turn my focus back to my sausage, finishing my food. Chewing my final bite, I turn to face the Slytherin table, searching for the boy who'd kissed me. I find him sitting between Blaise and Goyle, chatting coyly amongst them. He pauses and glances over at me, catching my gaze and holding eye contact between the two of us. I feel my cheeks heat up immediately, but hold my ground.

I will not look away first.

Draco then tips his head towards the doors of the Great Hall, gesturing for me to meet him there. I nod in understanding and take my napkin to wipe my face. He then turns back to his conversation and I turn back to face Hermione, who gives me a quizzical look.

"I have to check out a book from the library, important for my studies." I say, making up a lame excuse to leave.

"Very well then," she says, "When studies call."

I stand up, trying to act casually. I glance at Draco once again, he is already making his way outside. I follow.

Once in the hall, Draco takes my hand and leads me into the library without saying a single word. He walks briskly and takes us to an open table by a large window. As if to not seclude us, but still keep the conversation private.

He sits and looks up at me expectantly, I cautiously take a seat right across from him, not daring to take my eyes off of his.

He takes a breath in, "Abbott, about yesterday.."