Pre Ritual

It was the next day and everyone was in the Salvatore's parlor except of Damon who was fake pouting in his room

"Tonight's a full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah tells Elena and Stefan.

"Elena said that the sun and moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan says

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid." Elijah explains to them.

Damon walks in. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon" Stefan says.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena tells him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon says.

"Oh wow you could my girl better than that." Serenity mutters

"It's not an option Damon." Elena says stopping him from saying something further.

"Alright, how do we break this curse?" Stefan ask

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak you already know." Elijah says.

"The moonstone." Stefan says.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explains to them.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah goes and grabs a box of the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death."

"And that's where you come in."

Elijah opens the box. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead.." Elena starts.

"And then you won't." Elijah finishes.

"That's your plan? A magical with potion with no expiration date? You want to come back to life, what.. what about John's ring?" Damon says.

"Those rings only work on humans Damon. Doppelgängers are a supernatural occurrence. So it might not work." Serenity says

"I'll take that over his elixir. What if it doesn't work Elena?" Damons says looking at Elena.