3. Questions

Bansi came home hungry and tired. Her long day filled with theory classes and practicals seem to never end.
She found the fatigue leaving her tired body with a warm comforting shower. Dressed in loose lounge wear, she sprinted to the kitchen.
Richa was already there enjoying a cup of tea with some cookies, in the company of Veena.
Both the ladies smiled at Bansi an Richa forwarded a plate of warm sandwiches to her and poured her a cup of tea.

"Are you very tired today?" Richa asked her.

"Don't ask, Bhabhi. It was a long tiring day. I hope I could justice sleep it off, but I have to study for the weekly test." Bansi spoke with a mouthful.

Veena and Richa laughed out.
"We were looking forward for you to join us." Veena added smiling.

"Join you for what?"

Richa collected the empty cups and put them in the sink to be washed.
"We were planning for some shopping and dinner."

"Shopping? What's the occasion?" Bansi asked curiously.

Veena looked down shyly while Richa gave her a knowing look.
Bansi kept on looking between the women and waited for the answer.

"There's a good news." Richa told her sitting back in her chair.

Bansi blinked clueless.

"It's been long time that Veena and Sahil have been dating. Her parents think, it is the right time they get engaged. So, Mathur family, Shukla family and Sahil's parents will be meeting tomorrow for a formal dinner and decide the engagement dates." Richa supplied the information.

Bansi's eyes glowed and grew wider.
"Really? So all this shopping for that meeting? Wow! I am so happy. Congrats, Veena Dii."

Veena gave out a shy laugh.
"So, you coming for shopping?"

Bansi took a moment to think.
"I would love to join you."

Though she promised to join them, she was left thinking about the exams that were approaching.

Bansi quickly changed in a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and wrapped a thin stole around her neck and was off with the ladies to help them shop for a decent dress.
Veena and Bansi looked around at the beautiful dresses and were lost discussing about various patterns. Richa suddenly approached them and told that she needs to visit the washroom.
It was a long time since she was gone. Both Veena and Bansi finalised a few dresses and were impatiently waiting for Richa to show up so the final decision could be made.

"What is taking so long? She is not receiving her phone. I will go and check on her." Veena was impatient and concerned now.

Bansi too, looked at the entrance of the boutique.
"Where will you go to find her? There are many washrooms in this shopping mall. Try again, may be she will pick up."

As if on cue, Richa entered. Both Veena and Bansi furrowed their brows looking at her. She was looking a bit out of place. Her hairstyle was different from the one when they came to the mall. There were hardly any traces of her lipstick. And she appeared a bit drained.

"Are you fine? You look... Tired?" Veena commented in concern.

"Yeah.. I am good. Just a bit tired. The queue was too long." Richa replied.

The ladies nodded and showed her what they had selected. Suddenly, Richa appeared disinterested in the shopping and tried to play her role. They selected a layered white and peach colored anarkali and paid for it.

"I think, Bhabhi is really not well. We should head home." Bansi stated once they were out of the boutique.

Veena was thinking on the same lines.
"Why don't you too come home? Stay for tonight." Bansi offered again.