23. Blurting The Truth

The moment Arjun missed the hit, he went on alert and pulled his now weak body away from the attacker.
His mind went into frenzy and his heart thudded in his chest, ready to pop out of his body.

"Sahil?!" He managed to scream.

The masked man froze on his spot. His hand halted in air and slowly came down.
He then slowly pulled his mask down and Arjun blinked with thumping heart. His suspicion proved to be true.

"So, you recognized me?" Sahil raised his voice.

Arjun furrowed his eyebrows.
"What wrong with you? You really think, you can kill me in my own house?"

Sahil's eyes glinted with anger and he scoffed. Arjun was finding it difficult even to stand properly. He could not find a way to escape. With his already weak body, he could not fight back.

"I could have killed you ten years ago, if that pretty girl hadn't intervened." Sahil replied with loud crisp voice as he grabbed Arjun by his lapels.

Arjun could hardly protest. But the statement made his blood boil.

"You killed her? You destroyed her? Why?" Arjun retorted back, giving a mean punch on Sahil's face.

Sahil's stumbled back and was blinded with rage. He stood up and punched hard in Arjun's ribs. Arjun doubled in pain and landed on his knees. Sahil grabbed Arjun's hair and pulled his head back harshly. Arjun gasped for air, his stomach protested and his entire body felt limp.

"Because of you. You made a mistake to cross me. I was about to throw you down the railings and your story would end for ever, but that girl had to step in and she ruined my plans. But see, how I turned it to my favour. You were already passed out. I tried to have my way with her, but she was too fragile and passed out with fear. I couldn't even exploit her properly... What a waste of a beautiful body!"

Arjun screamed in rage and pulled himself up to hit him squarely in his jaw. The punch was unexpected and landed Sahil on the ground, but Arjun was too weak to continue and Sahil easily took over.

He grabbed Arjun by his lapels and punched repeatedly in his guts. Arjun could take it no more. His already hurting stomach made him useless.

"You know what, she did not die in the hospital, but when she gave a statement to the police that you were not involved, I had to kill her. I couldn't wrap up your case, but she was easy to tick off of the list. And you know what, she made my task easier. You were thrown out of this house."

Sahil landed one more punch in Arjun's stomach and Arjun finally vomited blood. Sahil let him go in disgust.

Arjun fell to the ground, gasping for breath.
Sahil to kneeled beside him and clicked his tongue.

"See, what have you done to yourself. You just can't keep to yourself. Why do you meddle in other people's lives?"

Arjun looked at him with drooping eyes. He had hard time breathing.

"I wouldn't have thought of killing you in the first place, if you had kept your mouth shut. I understand that you saw me and Richa, but why did you go and threaten her about exposing her?" Sahil's voice was raised in anger.

Arjun spit out the blood on the floor and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.
"She was cheating on my brother."

"She is still cheating on your brother  but see, no one knows and everyone is happy." Sahil retorted.

"Then why did you not marry her in the first place?" Arjun too did not bother keep his voice low.

"Because she is elder to me, my parents would have never agreed. I was studying when she got married. We continued our little thing, but you proved to be a threat." He roared.