28. Manipulative

"So, I am just a friend? That's what you said to Kunal?" She complained, hiting a light fist on his chest, while still in his embrace.

He placed a chin on her veil covered head.
"That's because I might have been on anyone's hearing range. Kunal's visit was suspicious to everyone. He came here, pretending to break the news of our alliance. That's what was decided."

His voice was a mere whisper.

She looked up at him and held his gaze. His eyes were twinkling with a glint of joy.
"Are you really happy now?"

His eyes darkened lightly. He gently pushed her veil back and that fell down to the ground. Mitra's breath faltered slightly.
"Yes, but you can make me happier." He whispered huskily.

Mitra felt a jolt of current run through entire body as he waited for her to initiate.

"I love you, Arjun." She spoke helplessly and he pulled her dainty body to him, hiding his face in the crook of her neck and murmured, "I love you too, Jaan, more than you could imagine."

The tinted swollen lips, ragged breathing, the discarded clothes and the scattered flowers were proof enough of the passionate moments they spent exploring each other and that they had landed back from the seventh heaven.

Arjun breathed deeply as he leaned on the headboard of the bed and pulled her closer to his chest. He covered their not so decent bodies in a warm comforter and closed his eyes.

"What are you thinking?" She asked playing with her open hair, that she pulled at her front, over the comforter.

"This all looks like a dream come true." He whispered with closed eyes.

"Arjun? Was it all worth?"

He looked at her and blinked.
"What are you afraid of?" he pushed back a tendril of hair from her face.

"I was really worried when you married her. What if she did not insist on annulment?" She asked with trembling voice.

Arjun kissed the back of her head and hummed softly.
"Trust me, Mitra, that was so unexpected. For a moment, I thought everything will go out of hands. But when she asked for annulment, a hope bloomed in me. Even if she had not insisted, I would have eventually convinced her for that. And... I told her at the very start, that it was not a forever. Once Sahil was exposed, I would have asked her for the annulment or divorce."

Mitra leaned back and sighed.

"But you know what, she made everything very easy. And... That helped me actually. Now my parents think, that they control my life by pushing me marry you."

She chuckled.
"You are a beast."

"I know." He agreed.

"What now?" She asked, referring to Sahil.

Arjun took it in a wrong way and tightened his embrace.
"We can start all over again, if you say."

She slapped his chest and wriggled in his arms.
"Stay, please." He pleaded and she went silent.

"I was asking about Sahil. What have you decided?" She asked, making herself comfortable his lap.

"It's not to be known by you. I have to make sure that he never looks at any girl, ever."

"You won't tell me?" She gave him puppy eyes.

"Trust me, Love, you will never look at me again if I tell you. Forget that a man named Sahil ever existed." He replied in a soft yet stern voice.

"Is Kunal involved?" She could not keep her curiosity at bay.

Arjun did not reply and she knew her answer. She looked at him with wide eyes.
"You both have already planned it out?"