Chapter 36: Not one opportune moment

As I watch Loki's body dissolving from this plane of existence, I have an angry Sylvie watching me.

"I will kill you!" She lashes out and I get a little freaked out. "You're working for him, aren't you?" She lounges out towards me and I am now left confused.

"No, no, no!" I hear Loki jumping in front of me and both me and Sylvie are startled. I had just pruned him, how is he here?

"This will all make sense. I promise." Loki looks at us and just as he does a phone rings. The three of us head to the phone and Loki picks it up.

"Hello?" Loki answers and across the phone I hear Oroborus' voice and I am confused. He is the one who initially interviewed me when I got here.

"About time, what's taking you guys so long?" He asks and I am beyond confused right now.

"O.B." Loki sounds relieved. "Miss minutes is sabotaging everything. It's slowing us down." Loki explains and I wish I understood what the heck is going on.

"I started to reboot the system a minute ago, by the way, but we lost the entire safety system, that was the first thing that went down." Orobourous says and I look around me. It seems the whole TVA is crashing.

I hear Mobius' voice. I think he is with Orobourous. He is asking what losing the rntire safety system means.

"The dampeners that prevent people from using magic at the TVA, those were turned off." O.B. explains further as to why I was able to use magic in the TVA.

"Yeah, we know. When will Miss Minutes reboot?" Loki asks and O.B. lets us know that it should happen any minute now. I am completely lost in here. Did Loki manage to find Sylvie? When did this happen? What the hell did I get myself into this time?

"Okay, Y/n, remember how you told me during a war you were controlling creatures minds?" Loki looks at me and I nod.

"Alright, follow me." He speaks as he starts walking fast. "There's an agent, X-5, who might need some guidance. I need you to control him into pruning Renslayer when we walk in. We'll grab Victor Timely." Loki speaks and I look at him confused. In the comics he was a Kang variant.

"What's happening Loki?" I ask and he tilts his head.

"Well the temporal loom is about to wipe the TVA out of existence. We need him to fix it. Sylvie can easily control X-5, but you wanted to learn to control your power, well, no better time than now." He smiles looking at me and I chuckle nervously. I look at the white markings in my skin and they seem faded somehow.

Loki smiles looking at us as there is a man in front of the three of us. "Hello X-5, fancy a rematch?" He asks letting me know this is the man whose actions I have to control. "Alright now focus on his mind, everything is energy." Loki looks at me and I close my eyes trying to pinpoint the energy of X-5.

This reminds me of the rat I had controlled with Wanda so it would free Ant-Man. This person is not a rat Y/n.

As I try to connect with his brain I feel my energy leaving in form of a white fire trail up to his legs surrounding him.

"Woah, easy there, we need him," Loki wraps his arm around my shoulders and brings his face closer to mine. "Take a deep breath in. Now focus on him internally, can you feel him?" He asks and his voice is so calm right now. I nod looking at X-5 who looks so scared right about now. "Calm him down, we don't want to cause a scene." Loki tells me and I close my eyes trying to do so. "There you go, good girl." Loki praises and I open my eyes to see a compliant X-5.

"That's some cool trick you have." Sylvie smiles impressed.

"You got this?" Loki asks and I nod making X-5 to enter the room where Renslayer is. Loki and Sylvie follow him inside as I make X-5 prune Renslayer.