Prologue

。・:*:・゚★

。・:*:・゚★

  In her loneliness, she is smiling.

In my loneliness, she cries.

~ Jeon Jungkook

——————

ʏ ᴏ ᴜ

The sky was clear and the sun shined brightly. The cherry blossom leaves were falling gracefully as they danced in the pleasant breeze. I saw few couples taking pictures, kids playing cheerfully and the birds chirping around me. The atmosphere was filled with love and light yet it looked so void for me. I was walking alone, with his memories of our first spring meet still running in my mind. I looked at the sky, it had no clouds. I smiled subtly while staring at the sky who's my twin for now. As it looked lonely too—just like me.

I continued my walk until I came across a bakery. I made my way inside it.

"What do you look for miss?", a worker asked me.

"Well, is there anything special?. You know like a cake or pastry. I'm good with cookies too—"

"Ma'am this is our latest release. You may try this, it's called the 'make a wish' cheesecake."

What a weird but catchy name!

"Okay, I'll have that."

"Thanks for shopping with us ma'am.", the worker bowed to me.

While I was continuing my walk, I reached a park which was completely empty. So, I decided to relax for a few minutes here. I sat on a bench and took out the cake from my purse.

Make a wish.

I don't think I even have one.

Let me meet him for one last time please.

I quickly slapped myself for making such childish wish. When I was going to take a bite of the make a wish cake, I suddenly heard a familiar voice calling my name. I gulped. I don't want to turn back to face that voice's owner. Yet, I turned and saw him.

His eyes were staring at my eyes. My cheeks started to burn, so I covered them with my both palms. We both had so much to say, yet both of us had our lips tightly closed.

It's been a while, since we both have been staring at each other. For me, after what happened at the hospital earlier always makes my heart ache. I feel like it's better to walk away, because just staring at one another isn't going to make things better for both of us.

When I broke our eye lock, I noticed his lips make a movement.

"How have you been—Elsie?", his voice is weak but warm enough to bring butterflies into my tummy.

But did he really deserved to ask about my well being, when he already knows, he's the one who disturbed me in a way nobody else could ever do?

Yet I stood there, facing his adorable face that I still adore. His doe eyes who always managed to cast some spell into my eyes and my heart. His long and silky hairs, with which I used to play once. He might have changed a lot as a person but his personality is undoubtedly the same. Because if that weren't the case, then I wouldn't have been standing in front of him from last few minutes and he wouldn't have been looking into my eyes like he's reading them. I still hate to admit that—

I'm still not done falling in love with you Jungkook.

Author's note

And the journey begins~~

Please vote and comment.

(≡^∇^≡ )