- 𝒢ℴ𝓈𝓈𝒾𝓅 𝒩𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉 -

𓇽

I feel the lavender haze creepin' up on me
Surreal, I'm damned if I do give a damn what people say
No deal, the 1950s shit they want from me
I just wanna stay in that lavender haze

All they keep askin' me (all they keep askin' me)
Is if I'm gonna be your bride
The only kind of girl they see (only kind of girl they see)
Is a one-night or a wife

Lavender Haze, Taylor Swift

𓇽

Fourth of July in Cousins is all about traditions. Susannah would spent time decorating with Violet, the boys would be out side steaming clams and shooting fireworks, the dads would all come over for the weekend.

That weekend would almost always be perfect.

Violet was sitting on the counter eating breakfast as Conrad and Jeremiah talked about the plan for today and who was in charge of what. However it was the same every year, Conrad would work on the clams with Violet and Jeremiah would work on the fireworks with his father.

"Are we done with the portrait yet?" Steven groaned pulling their attention to him and Susannah as they entered the kitchen. Laurel walked into the kitchen, handing Violet a drink.

"Yeah, for today," Susannah laughed, rolling her eyes at the boy as she entered the kitchen. "But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven."

Violet laughed, "Yeah, not too bad, Steven but you are missing the rest of the suit there." Conrad chuckled at his girlfriend before he went back to talking to his brother.

"Uh, which makes me think if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to the ball, you should take her." Susannah said as she smiled looking at Belly who had just taken a seat next to Jeremiah at the table.

"Ew, no way," Steven shook his head while fake gagging. "I'm already going with Shayla.

"To the debutante ball?" Laurel questioned looking up from her computer. It was the first time even hearing about her son going out with a girl, let alone going out with her to the deb ball. "As an escort?"

Steven smiled and nodded his head, "Wrap your head around it, Mom, all right?" Steven replied. "Shayla's coming today with Nicole, Clara and Gigi, so you'll meet her."

"That's wonderful." Susannah gushed. "Oh, and Belly don't forget Ms.Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow so tick-tick, you got to ask him."

"I am going to be asking Cam today," Belly mumbled, as she turned to look at Violet who was talking to Susannah and laughing at the boys. Isabel mentally rolled her eyes already done with Violet and how she wished that Violet would just leave.

"I don't know my kids anymore," Laurel sighed as Susannah looked at Violet who was laughing at the two boys as they kept talking about what job that they wanted to do. Susannah broke it up saying that she needed to get prepping for dinner.

"I'm going to go wash the clams," Conrad said walking over to Violet and kissing her forehead, he then turned to his brother. "Did you get the lighter fluid?"

He nodded his head, "Yeah, it's already on the beach, so are the clams." Jeremiah said turning to him and Conrad kissed Violets cheek one more time before walking out to start the clams.

Susannah then turned to look at Violet, "You want to help me cook this year?" She asked causing Violet to smile and nod.

"Of course, Auntie Anna, I would love to help you." Violet said smiling. Susannah clapped her hands and walked over to the girl giving her a hug and a kiss on the head.