chapter 38

TW: thoughts and mentions of suicide

Syere POV

I walk into AJ's room to be met with Lydia sleeping in the bed with Aj nowhere to be found.

I furrow my brows in confusion when he suddenly comes out a door startled to see me.

"Syere."

I raise a brow glancing over to Lydia sleeping figure briefly. "You and Lydia, that's unexpected."

"We're just friends." He brushes me off with a shrug.

I chuckle making a face. "You let friends sleep in your bed and wear your clothes?"

"Didn't we?" He mirrors my expression with added coldness.

"Touché."

"What are you doing here? It's late." He questions with a sigh. "Lover's quarrel?" He guessed.

My face falls quickly changing the subject. "I wanna smoke." I sighed.

"Sure." He agrees quickly grabbing four blunts and his lighter from his nightstand.

"Why so much? Also will you let me have an extra two?" I question however I had already grabbed two of the blunts in his hand.

"Whatever." He walks over to his desk retrieving an extra two from the drawer.

"And to answer your question, you're a pothead and you smoke way more when you're sad so I know four would be good." He noted stuffing the items in his pocket.

I watch as he walks over to Lydia throwing the blanket over her which makes me smile briefly at his care. I smirk when his eyes settle on my face.

"Friends...sure." I tease with a raise of my brow giving him a look of disbelief.

He quickly flips me off passing me to leave out the door and I follow him out quietly closing the door behind me.

"Where we smoking at?"

"I have a place in mind." I mutter.

•••

I sigh as we sit on the ledge of a billboard poster hitting the blunt slowly in rotation.

"So...what happened?" Aj questions beside me cautiously.

"Why do you keep thinking something happened?" I look at him forcing a smile.

"Well you smoked out two already and you're already on the third so something must be really bothering you if you're chasing a high this bad." He points out. "You only smoke this much when you're trying to avoid something."

I sigh throwing my head back exhausted. "I fought with a Anubis." I admit.

Right after I told him I loved him.

Typical since i destroy everything good in my life.

My chest tightens at the thought prompting me to take another hit of the blunt in my hand. I look up at the night sky as I exhaled, my heart going numb.

"What did loverboy do?" Aj inquires beside me.

"He's lying to me, I don't know what about but he's lying." I informed tapping the ash off the ledge of the billboard before handing him the blunt.

"How do you know he's lying." He chuckles.

"I can't explain it, I can just tell when he's lying to me and the same goes for him." I answer somberly. "We understand eachother." A smile tugs at my lips at the thought.