Chapter 11

Katya

I smile as I watch the motorcycle turn out of the driveway. Closing the door, I hurry up to my room to find Circe, unloading her bag on my vanity table. "Damn girl, did you rob the MAC counter or Urban Decay on your way over here? What the fuck?" I ask. I start to sift through the mountain of foundations, primers, concealers, powders, contour kits, and bronzers. Hell I haven't even seen the colorful shit yet. Who the hell needs this many different primers? One for the face, one for the eyes, and one for the lips. Is that really necessary? Sounds a lot like left Twix and right Twix to me. "Oh quit bitchin'. So....are we still doing this?" There's a slight note of apprehension in Circe's tone.

I just had a quick chat with Gage. I found out that he was roped into this party because Tony is being threatened by the chick throwing it, Rachel. She happens to be the chick that Gage and David were both involved with at one point and the reason they can't stand each other. He told me she has friends in high places that can dig up some things in Tony's past that could be very damaging. He has no idea why she's going to such extremes just to get him to this party. "Hell yeah we're doing this. Sure I gave him a little shit but to be truthful I want to know what this bitch is after," I admit. "I don't blame you, I'd feel the same way. But enough about that, let's focus on you and get you ready. Show me this dress so we can figure out how to do your hair."

We spent the next couple of hours giggling like school girls getting ready for prom night. She did my make-up in a 40's pinup era style. She curled and pinned my hair up. I look pretty fucking glamourous when she finally finishes with me. Shortly before 5 pm I finally slip into my dress and shoes. "Oh honey....you are beautiful. My brother is going to die when he sees you," Circe beams. I look up to see Thomas standing in the doorway with a wide smile, his cheeks a rosy pink. "I gotta say Kit, if I met you for the first time looking like that, you and I would have a very different relationship. I'd be after you like a lost puppy." Circe and I laugh at the thought. "You're such a dork, would you take my bag downstairs and put it by the door?" I ask him. He picks up the bag and pauses to kiss my cheek. "You really do look incredible, Kit. Gage is going to be speechless." He smiles at me once more before stepping through the door and jogging down the stairs. "I gotta run babe. Some of us do have to work tonight," Circe remarks as she packs up her bag. "Thanks Circe, for everything." I look at the updo she did on my hair, a very loose crisscrossed and tucked style with loose trindles at the front. "Anytime babe, anytime."

*** *** ***

Gage

"Hey man." I greet Thomas as he opens the door. He looks like the cat that ate the canary. "Well, don't I just feel slightly paternal right about now," he snickers, "Am I under any obligation to invite you into the other room and interrogate you?" This guy. "Fuck you, how many dresses did you have to sit through anyway?" I ask. Thomas rolls his eyes, "Bro, you don't even wanna know. Which reminds me...." He pulls out his wallet and digs out my credit card, passing it to me. "Do you want to go ahead and throw that in the car while I light a fire under her ass?" He motions to Kit's backpack on the floor. I grab the bag and chuckle. "Sounds good man." I carry her bag out and toss it behind the passenger seat. My phone starts ringing when I get back to the front door. Pulling my phone out of my jacket I see Tony's name flash on the screen and answer it as I step inside the foyer.

"Hey Tony, I'm picking Katya up as we speak...... yeah the reservations are under Bryant if you get there before we do...... sure thing.... See you soon." I disconnect the call and silence the ringer before slipping it back into the pocket of my jacket. I'm standing with my back to the stairs when Katya's voice flows over my shoulder. "Well, don't you clean up nice." I turn toward her with a cocky smile on my face. "You think so huh? You've seen me in a suit bef...." My eyes land on her and my world stops. I can feel my heart pounding in my ears. I can't breathe. I've heard the term 'breathtaking' but I never believed it was a literal action. My eyes drink her in from the top of her head to the tip of her toe and back again. Fuck dinner. Hell, fuck the party, fuck everyone and everything because I am ready to fuck her. That's all I care to do at this very moment....no...not fuck her.... Devour her...