Chapter 4

Katya

I watch Thomas as he digs through my closet. He's helping me pick out clothes to take with me for the days I'll be staying with Gage. He's also decided to pick out what I'll be wearing to work tonight and tomorrow. After watching him for a few minutes in silence I can't help but take a jab at him. "I have to ask you again, are you positive you're not even just a teensy bit gay?" He walked toward me after tossing a pair of lace panties on his shoulder. He took my hands in his and looked into my eyes with a dead serious expression. "Kit, I'm good at this for a reason. I pick out what I know I would want to see, feel, and remove from a woman's body. I also get to put my hands all over those tasty clothes in a way that's not pervy and with the woman's complete approval. If you ask me I'm probably one of the smartest men alive and believe me, there's nothing gay in that." He wiggles his eyebrows and my lips part in surprise. He laughs at the shocked expression on my face and he returns to my closet. "But don't get your knickers twisted Kit, your panties still do nothing for me."

I threw a shoe I found at the foot of my bed and hit him in the back of his thigh but he only laughed harder. "Asshole," I remarked. He came out of the closet with a pair of leggings that had slits up the front that appeared to be laced from top to bottom. It was paired with a shoulderless crop top that had sleeves with the same lacing detail as the leggings. "Alright hot stuff, here's the money maker. Now get out there and make daddy proud." I look up at him as he tosses the outfit on the end of the bed and puts his hands on his hips with a smile. "You're one sick little puppy." He laughs his ass off as I grab the outfit and go into my bathroom to change. I have to admit though, I do look hot. "So is Gage going to be there tonight?" I look at his reflection in the mirror before I respond. "Not that I know of. He could show up though, he's done it before." I dip the mascara brush back into the tube before 'assuming the face' for application. "What about tweedle dum and dee?" Thomas is referring to Ethan and David. Ever since the whole fallout and silent treatment that's been his pet names for the pair. "Yes, I think they both work tonight. I took off last night to spend time with Xavi and our parents. I really haven't spent any time with David and Ethan since all the hostility reached its peak.

Xavi tells me that David has been going out more and not sulking around the house. I'm glad to hear it, angry David is a real ass. I'm still pissed at Ethan. He just needs to back off and give me some space. I've known him all my life so I just don't have it in me to suddenly hate him though. Although I can certainly dislike him whenever and for as long as I want. He's going to have to learn to accept that. "Just keep your head down and tray up Kit. Avoid being alone with them and you shouldn't get trapped in any conversations." I rolled my eyes and turned to face Thomas. "I'm fine, really. I'm just gonna be me and do my job. They are the ones having issues. I'm done working through their problems. They need to figure their shit out for themselves." Turning back to my mirror I put the finishing touches on my makeup. It didn't take me long to finish getting ready. With a quick goodbye I jumped in my car and started for the club.

*** *** ***

Friday night started just like any other. I haven't had any one-on-one interaction with David or Ethan. They were both here when I arrived and both acknowledged me with the slightest of smiles. The few times we did speak there were no attitude issues or silent treatments so I would say that's an improvement. Ethan ran the bar and our exchanges were actually pleasant. David worked the door so my exchanges with him were few and far between. Tonight has been crazy busy and I have been running in circles nonstop but my tips have been insanely good. I had a table around two hours ago that left $300 on the table. I chased one of the guys to the door, positive there had been a mistake. He smiled and gave me a kiss on my cheek and assured me he had intended to leave it. Can you believe that shit?