part eight

3rd person pov

the girl coughed into her elbow, a dry crack in her throat rumbled as she wrapped the fluffy but thin blanket tighter around her.

she unlocked and opened the door to see rio and miles standing outside with a bright smile.

"hey, chica! i heard you werent feeling well. i brought you some food and miles is here to take care of you!" ms. morales spoke but saw that y/n wasn't processing all of the information instantly. it took her a second to realize his mom made him take off a whole day of school to take care of her.

"oh, uhm..thank you ms. morales. but its really ok. he doesnt have to-" she tried to protest but the food was pushed towards her and miles stepped closer.

"call me rio! and dont worry about it! think of it as a thank you for always getting my boy out of the house. i never thought i would hear any name besides 'ganke' come out of his mouth!" the older woman laughed and patted miles on the shoulder as y/n took the food.

she just stared forward, her eyes and head burning in pain. she was too tired and sick to fight back. she just nodded and gave her a tired smile.

"thank you-" she went to continue but a sharp, crackily cough cut her off. "-rio, ill try not to be a handful."

rio laughed and miles walked into the house. the air felt colder in there compared to the hallway. he felt that same sense of uncomfortability he did every time he came in her house. even if it were less than half a dozen times.

"bye, y/n! get well soon! and miles, behave." her tone went from cheery and warm to warning and quiet in a split second. thats moms for you.

y/n closed the door as rio waved goodbye. without a word, she walked past miles, sniffing a little as she walked into the kitchen.

"your mom doesnt know about your other friends?" a raspy, tired voice came from behind him as he sat down on the couch. he turned and looked to see her putting the food rio made in the microwave and clutching onto the blanket draped around her shoulders and arms.

"nah, she...its hard to explain." he tried to start but realized she wouldn't get it. his mom wanted him to hang out with people that would set a good influence on him. and a few of them did. but you know how it is.

"nah, i get it. my brothers the same way. i'm surprised he doesnt hate you" she chuckled lowly and grabbed a bottle of medication and a glance of water. her dark eyebags seemed even darker under her tired eyes. she had grown a lot closer with him over the few weeks theyve known each other. and in that time she's also gotten closer to ganke.

"how could anyone ever hate me?" he scoffed with a small smirk as he rubbed his head. she chuckled back and took her medicine before downing a bottle of water in only a few seconds.

"im goin' back to bed-" she coughed again, her eyes squeezing shut and her arm covering her mouth. "do whatever you want, i dont really care." she shrugged and went to close her door but he stopped her.

"whatever i want?" he repeated in a question. he was checking for any lines he could cross.

"yeah..?" her eyes narrowed on him, a little weirded out by his actions.

"can i sleep with you?"

she choked on nothing, blood rushing to her face and her narrowed eyes shooting open.

"wha-!" she took a step back, her heart in her ears.

"not like that, you weirdo!" miles' eyebrows knit together at the misinterpretation. "can i take a nap with you? i didn't get much sleep and despite what nick says - your couch isn't comfortable." he explained wearily, like any word he said could set her off again.

she just thought for a moment, her lips pouting in thought. "youre gonna get sick too."

"eh, dont care" miles shrugged with a grin, following her into her messy room as she fell into her bed. he slowly sat down next to her, realizing how he didn't actually think this through.

he felt his own heart in his ears now. 'what was i thinking?? she probably thinks this is so weird..' he shifted down until he laid flat on his back beside her. she was already curled up, facing away from him with her same blanket tight around her.

time skip

he didnt know when, or how, but in a half conscious state, he felt shifting between his arms and a warmth against his chest. he grumbled softly and tightened his grip around whatever had gotten him to fall asleep so nicely.

cough, cough

he heard, right in front of him. his eyes shot open to see an asleep y/n rustling in her sleep. and...in his arms. his stomach dropped as he realized what was happening. but, just as he tried to pull away, she shifted closer into him.

he felt warmth, peace, and a longingness for sleep (and smth else lol) overcome his senses. his eyes drooped and his heart slowed before letting his mind relax like a moment before.

꧁꧂

part two should be published tomorrow or the next day.

i only wrote ts cause im sick asf rn 😝