part fifteen

miles for me except im his wife

y/n's pov

"but like...who really cares?" i asked as i leaned over the egg-shell white, porcelain sink. the mirror was cracked slightly and chipping around the edges but that didn't stop me from checking if my pimple patch had worked yet.

"i do!" nene sighed breathlessly to the side of me, doing the same but with her hair. her curls looking tighter than ever. they weren't normally frizzy or anything, but it was obvious to me that she put much more effort into her hair than any other day.

"well, you shouldnt. i know you like him, but he is not the type of guy to notice." she was so stressed over her appearance that she seemed like she could explode.

she dragged me along because ganke and miles were going to a basketball game. a mutual friend of all three was playing, but nene didnt want to be  the only girl so she took me. but, recently i think ive been losing feelings for miles. im not excited like i would have been two weeks ago.

"maybe- or maybe he just doesnt verbalize it!!" she panicked more. i stood up straight again, glancing over at her and grabbing her shoulders.

"look, nelley." i only use her real name when im being serious or making a bad joke. "if he notices anything beside how pretty you are, it means hes obsessed. he notices every detail about you. think about it like that." i let go before she can even answer and rub my eyes and pull the little patch off. there was still a small (depending on your skin color) colored bump. but, not noticeable for me to care.

she sighed and nodded, smiling slightly before pulling me out of the bathroom. "you know, i thought you would've been a lot more excited to see miles. hes barely ever around anymore."

i just nod and shrug. "eh, hes not missed" i joked. i lied*. its nice to have his presence but i feel like im too...on and off for him. im never consistent in anything.

i already hear the cheering from the gymnasium a few feet ahead. there was barely anyone in the halls considering how good visions' basketball team is. everyone wants to be on the team.

i don't remember who they're up against, and frankly dont care. nene drags me through the crowded bleachers full of students, teachers, and parents there to cheer their kid on.

i see miles and at the same time he sees me. the eye contact is much more awkward than i would have enjoyed. especially considering how i couldnt help but smile when he smiled at me.

"you look like shit, mamas" he yelled over the yelling girl beside us, wearing a jersey and face paint. probably for her boyfriend on the team.

"fuck you" i rolled my eyes and took a seat next to him. nene took the seat next to ganke. i hope she notices how he grins when he sees her. and not like a normal, friendly smile. like a full on, childish grin.

"i know you want to" his elbow brushed against my side and made me scoff.

"projecting is not cute, babe" again, my eyes roll and his eyebrows raise.

"babe?" either he didn't notice the fact that i told him he wants to fuck me, or he doesn't want to admit it.

i ignore this question of a comment, and decide to watch the game. there was this one boy, tall, skinny and very good. though, i couldn't really focus because of the girl next to me screaming till her face went blue every dribble he made.

the next one especially loud. "YEAAAH!! JASON, KICK THEIR ASS!!" she was a little too into this. i mean, like kudos to you for finding a girl this into your game. but all he did was pass...