two

graser10

"Liam, stop!" I laughed. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose with my index finger. Liam poked me with his pencil, laughing. 

"This is so funny!" He squealed. I laughed even harder, and slapped his pencil on accident. Liam laughed and got out of the wooden chair to retrieve his pencil. Liam and I were sitting in the back of the library playing Minecraft. We always sat in the back for two reasons. One, because the librarian hated us. And by I hated, I mean kicking us out of the library if she even heard us breathe. Second, is because of everyone else. Liam and I weren't exactly the most popular. We always kept to ourselves, and everyone left us alone.

"Ready to get defeated by me, the master?" I said in a deep, monotone voice. I clicked on the server Mineplex, and added Liam to my party.  I clicked on Survival Games, and as I said it, killed Liam in deathmatch. I playfully laughed in an evil way. The bell rang, and finally school was over for the day.

"You're such a nerd." Liam laughed. I laughed with him. 

"Well so are you!" We closed out the games, and gathered our books. We had decided to skip chemistry to come in here and take a break from all the loud and annoying people. It was nice to be able to take a break once a week, but we had to do it in different periods every week. It was our thing, and other people learned to respect that. So, when the teachers asked where we were, no one cared to answer. 

"Are you coming over today?" I asked. Today was Tuesday, and we all knew what that meant.

"Of course, you always ask me this. And I always come over." He flashed a smile and waved goodbye. His locker was two halls away from mine, where all the jock's lockers were. I felt sorry for him. He always ran to get there before all of those imbeciles were done harassing all the girls and flirting with the teachers to get their grades up. I sighed and lifted my backpack strap over my shoulder. I pushed the navy blue plastic chair under the computer desk and started for the double doors.

"Mr. Graser, you shouldn't be skipping class like that." I heard. Knowing the voice, I knew it was the Librarian. Liam and I's relationship with the Librarian was complicated. She always kicked us out at the slightest sounds, but she cared about us. She was looking at her computer, typing away. She wore those glasses with the chain that lets you wear them around your neck. Her hair was bleach blonde, and permed. She wreaked of Lady Gaga perfume, and she wore too much eye makeup. 

"I know. But it's only once a week, what harm could it do?" I looked over at her, and she pursed her lips, which were covered in a maroon coloured lipstick. She made an "Mhm" sound, silently telling me to go on. I walked out, greeted with the halls of teenage annoyances. They looked like fire ants after you crush their hill. I attempted to make my way towards my locker, finally reaching there after most of the halls were cleared of people. I didn't expect Liam to come meet me, he tries to get out while he can, which is smart.

I took all the heavy books out of my bag and shoved them into my locker, which was almost full to the top of crumpled papers and overdue library books. I slammed my locker, noticing the entire school was almost empty. I threw my bag strap over my shoulder again, yet it was light weight. I started walking to the student's parking lot, and I dug my car keys out of my pocket. Opening the doors, I saw a guy sitting on the curb looking lost.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked. The boy looked up at me. He was thin, and his hair was short and spiked with gel. He was wearing a purple hoodie and black skinny jeans. His eyes were like a tannish hazel. 

"Uh, no, not really. My car wont start and my mom isn't home." He looked back to his phone, waiting for something. 

"Hey, I could drive you home," I started, realizing I sounded like a creepy dude asking a kid, "if - you know, if you want." I stuttered. I wanted to actually slap myself for being so awkward. I've seen this guy in the hallways throughout the years, but I never actually knew his name or anything.

"Uh, sure. That'd be nice. I'm Julio." He introduced. He stood up and put his phone in his pocket. He reached out his hand for a handshake. I shook his hand, "Hey, I'm Zach." Julio grabbed his bag off the cement and followed me to my 2013 black Sedan.

"Nice car," Julio said. 

"Thanks." I unlocked the car and Julio got in the passenger seat. I sat in the car, and threw my bag in the back seat. Julio put his bag between his legs on the floor. I started the engine, and started driving. I noticed Julio was messing with his hair.

"So, are you doing anything this afternoon?" I asked, trying to thin the tension. He glanced over at me. I noticed he's a little fast paced at talking and doing things.

"Uh, not really. I usually just go home and play video games or something. I don't hang out with many people, except this one guy, Devon, but he's a Senior." 

"What kind of video games?" I asked. I pressed the brake, coming up to a red light. I was going to Chipotle, to pick up Liam and I's Tuesday regular. 

"Uh, Counter-Strike, random RPGs, and sometimes Minecraft. I'm a nerd, I know." 

"No, it's okay. My best friend Liam and I always play Minecraft. Every Tuesday is our day to binge out on Chipotle and play Minecraft or so." I pulled into the drive thru of Chipotle and looked over at Julio, "You want anything?" I asked. 

"Sure." 

I got Liam and I's regular, adding Julio's. 

"Hey, do you want to, come over to my place and hang out with Liam and I?" I asked. Julio's eyes lit up with excitement which made me feel like I did something nice for once.

"Sure, I'd like that." He said.

"Cool." 

WOOO CHapter tWO with G10 :^)

ALSO DON'T MAKE IT AWKWARD ThAT THEY'RE FRIENDS IN THIS FF BC I HAD THE IDEA OF THE CHAPTER BEFORE THE , YOU KNOW, THING. 

:( :( 

Anyway I hope you enjoyed :DDD I love youuuuus<3

Peace 

Twitter: @idkoakley