eleven

devon_mines

It almost felt like a dream, like that dream where you were falling off a cliff and you wake up to your heart pounding a million miles a second and you can feel your breath shooting out like the waves crashing against a mountain.

I don't remember much of it, I just remember blacking out every couple of seconds and I thought I heard Maddie's screams, god I hope it wasn't Maddie though. She's already been through so much. I just thought maybe if I stopped trying to swim, I could just sink, and disappear.

I can't tell you exactly why I tried to stop fighting against the current. It was probably the intense breakup with Julio, or that 98% of my friends left me here in the sea because I'm an annoying little shit with too many emotions. Maybe it's because I'm pansexual, who knows? I have a million flaws that everyone points out. No one tells me I'm good enough or that I'm nice or that I'm a beautiful human being. I try to be beautiful, in a sense of hope and soul.

Waking up after silence to beeping isn't the best. I cracked my eyes open, seeing blurry figures in front of me. I felt myself laying in a cold bed, surrounded by warm air. I closed my eyes again, wanting to go back to that pleasant darkness. Although, the beeping just seemed to get louder every second. I opened my eyes accepting the fact that I was alive. I saw Maddie, and a random boy by my bedside. Maddie's eyes started to swell up and tears started falling down her rose red cheeks. The boy's face seemed pale already, but my attention was cut off when Maddie hugged me.

I looked around, noticing the IV in my arm, and I was in a hospital gown. How long was I out? I wanted to know, so I tried asking Maddie but when I opened my mouth nothing came out. It felt so dry, probably because I have been out for a while. It was terrifying, knowing I'm alive yet feeling so far from being there. I cleared my throat, which felt intensely weird.

"Maddie..?" I started. That's all that could come out. Maddie let go of the hug and looked down at me. She looked so weary and sad, I was going to ask for water but I love Maddie. "Please go get some rest," I choked out. I coughed a dry cough, and took a deep breath. What was I thinking?! Am I an idiot? Am I selfish? Why did I try to commit suicide? Well I mean, I know why, but why wasn't I thinking about Maddie? Or Will?

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Your mother should be here soon." She smiled weakly. Or my mom! My poor mother. I'm such a mess up, insane, totally delusional. I sighed, basically trying to tell Maddie I'm sorry. The other person, the stranger, helped Maddie sit in the giant cushioned chair. After ensuring she was comfortable, he walked over to me. He had dark brown curly hair, and olive skin.

"Hi Devon, I know you don't know who I am but I'm a friend of Maddie's. I know what Maddie is going through because my best friend is also in this hospital recovering from an accident. Isn't it crazy how we're just four emotional high school kids in a hospital? Actually, I was going to tell my best friend I was in love with h-" his speech was cut off by a knock on the door and his head shot directly at the door.

The door creaked open and I was greeted by the worried face of my beautiful mother. She was wearing her favourite dark grey pea coat with the fur hood. Her hair was done up messily, probably because she was in a rush after hearing I was here. She closed the door softly behind her and walked up to my bedside. Her soft hands touched my forehead and scuffed my hair. Tears started falling from her emerald eyes.

"Oh Devon," she huffed with short breaths. She closed her eyes and kissed my forehead. The boy Maddie brought pulled up a chair for my mom. She thanked him and pulled the chair up as far as she could to get as close to me as she wanted. She sat there running her fingers through my hair, silently crying. I ended up falling asleep to the sound of the loud beeping of the heart monitor.

--
Hey! Guess who finally updated this ff amirite?

this one was short and took forever to write because I just kept getting writers block )):

check out my new kiingtong ff if you haven't already!

social media:
ˎˊ˗ twitter: cheekyisaac
ˎˊ˗ instagram: cubefearless
ˎˊ˗  tumblr: ftbayani
ˎˊ˗ redbubble: tirederin