♡24♡

Naoto approached the door and left a loud few knocks. 

Then the door was answered, it was Taiju. Usually Chifuyu would've known if he had seen him in the car that day, as a result of his bright blue hair, but recently he had died it to black.

"You're under investigation for Takemichi's murder," Naoto said. "Comply with my orders and you won't have to go into jail."

Taiju nodded and let them in, "Hakkai told me what happened," he said. "I'm sorry for your lost, he was really a great kid." A tear slipped from his eye, but this wouldn't be enough to clear him, not yet.

"I never got to thank him for fixing my relationship with my siblings."

Kazutora wouldn't say a word, nor would Chifuyu; they were both too afraid. But nothing could stop Baji's wrath. 

"Stop with the act," he said. "Why did you do it? We all know it was you."

Naoto placed a hand on his shoulder, "Baji, this isn't your investigation now, is it? You should be lucky I let you come alongside me."

Baji calmed himself down as best as he could, "I apologize."

"Now to begin with our case, what were you doing two days ago," Naoto asked, a firm grip on his pen.

"I was at home, as usual."

"Was anyone else at home? Is there any proof of this?" You could tell Naoto struggled to believe him, as he had always disliked and never trusted Taiju for his deeds.

"No one else was at home. The only proof I can seem to think of is my security cameras I guess," Taiju answered. 

He was getting on everyone's nerves. Why were his answers so vague?
Or maybe that's just the way Taiju was...

"Can we see the security footage?"

Taiju went onto his phone and handed it to Chifuyu, "There's your proof, now once you're done can I go? I promised Yuzuha I'd spend time with her on her Birthday."

Naoto reviewed the footage, seeing as he never left the house that day, he was clear.

"Thank you for your help," he said, leaving the house with the others.

"I can't believe it wasn't him," Kazutora said, shivers running down his spine.

Chifuyu gripped his hair tightly, "We have to find this dude soon! Who knows what he's getting away with now. I need to go save Takemichi!"

Baji nodded while Kazutora removed Chifuyu's hands from his hair, "I agree, who's next on our list?"

Naoto looked, "Hanma and Kiyomasa. So, who do you want to go visit first?"

"...Hanma."