Chapter 22

The stench of alcohol and smoke flowed through the halls, as I wander down them.

The music shakes the house and rings in my ears. My head is pounding, probably because of those shots Lisa and Tiffany had shoved down my throat once I had found them in a undignified state.

I walk into the kitchen and see a couple making out on the kitchen island, and maybe a little more. I feel more bad for whoever is going to wipe that down then the fact that that girl has some sort of jam I'm her hair and pants.

I step out of the kitchen backdoor leading to the backyard and the massive pool, tennis court. Its crowded out here but not as crowded as inside. I walk over to a pool chair and sit down.

I pull out my phone to call River but realize he's probably with some girl. I scroll down to Lisa, whose probably still at beer pong with Tiffany. And Spencer disappeared again , probably making out with a girl. I sigh and lean back. I have no one to take me home.

This day sucked. We lost to a terrible team just because I got mad and hit the sexist douche bag whose such fucking wimp in my defense. But then it turns out we did win, which I should be happy about but it was only because of then other insecure wimp took those drugs.

I run my hair through my now tangled hair and sigh again.

"Having a bad time?" says a familiar voice above me.

I look up and see a very handsome blonde hired, blue eyed Liam.

Did I just call him handsome?

"Did you just call me handsome?" he says smirking and sitting down on the chair opposite from me.

" No" I say blushing furiously

" Then why are you blushing?" he says taking a sip from the beer in his hand

"I didn't." I mumble, of course making me redder like a tomato

" Yes you did" he smirks leaning back in his chair "I'm irresistible, don't deny it."

"To a skunk" I say sarcastically

"Hey at least I am to something." He says shrugging

I lick my lips as they are cracking dry.

"You want a sip?" he says handing over his beer

I nod. I take it from him and mumble a thank you before handing it back to him. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand while the still unfamiliar feeling burns down my throat

"No problem." He says taking a swig " you know we just kissed?"I scrunch my nose in disgust " you just had to make this situation even more awkward than it already is."

"How is this awkward sweetheart?" he says coming to sit closer to me on the end of the chair

"Don't call me sweetheart." I say blushing a little and bite my lip

He leans foreword a little and whispers "Sweetheart."

"Not attractive at all" I say rolling my eyes"So how would sweetheart be more attractive?" he draping a arm around my shoulders which I immediately shrug off

"It will never be attractive because that's what my grandmother calls me that." I say, which is actually a lie

"Oh really?" he says pulling away.

"yep." I nod "can I have some more of that beer?"

"Sure let swap some more spit." He says handing it to me cheekily