Chapter 13

After math it 's  lunch, finally. Next to lacrosse and free period it's my favorite thing at this school.

I get in line and pick up a slice of vegetarian pizza and apple juice. I pay for my food and start to walk towards my usual table where Lisa and Tiffany is.

"Hey Jane." Says Lisa taking a bite out of a twinky. God help her, she's going to be diabetics.

"Hey." I say sitting next to Tiffany

As I'm about to take a bite out of my pizza, another red head joins the table.

Ben. The lip-virginity stealer

I immediately stand up with my food.

"I'm gonna eat somewhere else." I say and walk aimlessly into the crowd of other students tables.

I didn't realize how stereotypical our school was till now.

The jocks at a couple tables pushed to make one, which is in the centre of the cafeteria. The 'popular' people, the geeks and computer nerds, the freshman that don't know their place yet, the smart Asians, dumb cheerleaders and the book club.

The book club was one of my other curricular activities I was going to join but never got to it, I guess it's never too late.

I walk over to them and sit down at a empty chair next to a tan skinned girl with a very oily forehead which had formed multiple pimples.

"Hi." I say and they all look up at me.

Some have visible fear in their eyes and others are fascinated by the fact I just sat down at their table.

I try to smile but I think it scared them. Like a grinning vulture waiting to devour it's carcus, so I stop.

"Um I think your at the wrong table." Says a boy with black hair styled in a high quiff, sitting across from me.

"This is the book club table right?" I say raising an eyebrow.

The boy nods

"Then I think I'm in the right place." I say taking a bite out of my pizza.

After I swallow I wipe my mouth and look at everyone at the table. There's about 5 people here, staring at me with very observing and alert eyes. A few of them show fear while others hide it away.

"So I was wondering if I could join this club." I say lacing my fingers together.

"Uh why?" Says the boy, confused.

"Uh cause I like reading books." I counter in a duh tone

"This club isn't for people to read for leisure." Spits a girl with neon pink braces "it's a serious credited club."

"Okay so does that mean I'm in?" I say raising my eyebrows

"Can you give us a minute?" Says the girl with pimples.

"Sure" I say standing up. I walk over to the table full of jocks, where they are all bickering about something. Probably the issue of world hunger, note the sarcasm.

"Hey guys." I say sitting in an empty chair. "What's up?"

I hear a few wolf whistles, and some mutter hi's and hello's

"So what are you guys even doing?" I say to Mason who is sitting across from me with five bottles of orange juice

"Great then Jane can judge." Mason says opening a bottle of juice.