Chapter 7

That afternoon there was no lacrosse practice. I almost cried, and I never cry. I really needed some sort of distraction from all the drama. Usually I wouldn't care but for some reason it really bothered me.

Halfway on my walk home I hear a honking behind me. I turn around and see the same arrogant guy from my chemistry class.

"Hey" he calls driving up in his Ferrari.

"Nice car." I say raising my eyebrows

"Thanks," he says "do you want a ride."

"Uh sure," I shrug going around to the passenger side

"So where do you live?" he asks when I shut my door.

"I'm not telling you." I say buckling my seat belt

"Then how am I suppose to drive you home?" he says raising his eyebrows

"Fine drop me off at the Walmart on Telesc Street." I sigh rolling my eyes

"Why can't you just tell me where you live?" he says turning the corner.

"Uh doesn't that question sound a little shady to your?" I chuckle

"Nope." he says

"So what's your name." I say realizing I don't know this guys name

"What do you think it is?" He says smirking

"I dunno." I shrug

"you've probably heard of me from the morning gossip." he mimicked me from this morning.

"Oh so which one are you?" I say cocking my head to the side

"What?" he says confused

"Which dickhead man whore are you?" I say innocently.

"Hey that hurt." he says jutting out his bottom lip and rubs one hand over his heart.

"Aw poor baby." I say patting his shoulder

"Here we are." he says pulling up to the Walmart

"Thanks" I say getting out of the car. "See ya."

I turn to walk away

"My name is Mason." he calls

I turn

"Your name is mason?" I say

" last time I checked." He says with a smile and pulls out of the Walmart parking lot.

I roll my eyes and start walking towards the way to my house. I know I should of asked to be dropped off closer but I didn't want him to know where I live.

I live in a part of town that isn't very nice and considered the 'trash area', or what outsiders call the ghetto.

It's not that I'm embarrassed, it's because I just don't want to be driven into the area in a million dollar car when some families go hungry.

My parents aren't poor and aren't rich either, were middle class but this move to my new school has cost us almost everything.

-*-

"So how was your day?" asks my dad when we start eating.

"Okay." I shrug taking a bite of my moms amazing lasagna. I bet Garfield would die for a taste of her lasagna.

"What about you Megan?" Asks my mom towards my little sister

"My teacher told me about her ex husband." she says proudly "he had a drug problem and went to jail because he stole a watch with a fancy name."