Chapter 5

The next day when I walk into school, everyone’s eyes are on me. And it's not the ‘new hot girl’ stare. Its more like the 'You got our star lacrosse player suspended for two weeks and I hate your guts' stare. I guess news travels fast in Kentwood Prep. Or it could be the 'Look at that huge bruise on her face' stare. Who knows.

Last night my house was like a war zone. My parents were furious and it only fueled their anger as they stumbled over all our still unpacked boxes. To add to all that, my sister wouldn't shut up about wanting attention.

My dad was...furious to put it lightly. He claimed that “I could of blown off my scholarship and that we could get sued by Matt's parents” and not to mention get my mom fired from her job at Matt's family's law firm.

Mom on the other hand, was a little mad that I got into a fight and said that it wasn't 'ladylike' to start fights. And that it wasn't a great way to start a off at a new school. But she was mostly worrying about my head. She started to complain how lacrosse was a dangerous sport and all that, even though we didn't play. She started hinting at the fact I should of done something like ballet or even soccer! Ha, as if. Me? In a tutu? No thanks I’ll pass.

Lucky for me my dad quickly shot down those ideas. The rest of the night was moderatly getting better before I finally fell asleep. The next morning I basically sprint out of the house, eager to get to school and avoid another lecture.

I open my locker and toss my bag in, grabbing my books for first period.

"Jane."

I turn around and see Tiffany smiling at me. The memory of her father telling me that she’s a cheerleader comes to mind and I laugh a bit.

"Hey Cheerleader." I say with a mocking smile.

"Where did you hear that?" She says with a frown, looking around for the little bird that told me.

I can't help but chuckle. "Your dad, that’s who."

"Laugh all you want but that fight with Matt yesterday is all I'm hearing in this mornings gossip. You got him suspended for two weeks. That makes you the least popular person in the entire school.” She sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"Well wouldn't it make me the most popular person?I mean, everyone knows who I am now. The girl who beat up Matt. The egotistical, selfish, mean, dickhead-" I’m cut off by someone calling my name. I turn around and see Lisa holding up a newspaper. Yay.

"Jane, Jane, Jane!" She yells as she rushes towards me.

"Uh good morning Lisa." I say as soon as she’s within range of me,  confusion lacing my voice.

"You made the front page of the school newspaper!" She holds out the newspaper for me to see, a look of excitement mixed with disappointment on her face.

New Girl Fights Star Player, the headline reads.

There is a picture of me from my school ID and another of Matt playing lacrosse. Why am I not playing lacrosse? Why do I look like the wimp while Matt looks like a damn superhero?

"Who wrote this?" I ask in irritation. Whoever wrote this article has better watch out.

"Jeremy Lands." Tiffany says, pointing at the name near the top of the article.

"Where can I find him?" I say through clenched teeth, this kid is so dead.

"Um...in the Robotics Lab?" Lisa says a little nervously. She should be.

I grab the paper from Lisa and march down the hall. Even though I have know idea where I'm going, there are signs. That's the one good thing about this school; it's so big that every corner has a sign.

I march into the Robotics Lab where a bunch of kids with glasses and a bad case of acne are. I know, I sound stereotypical but its true!

"Who the hell is Jeremy Lands!" I yell, earning an amazing reaction from them all.

They all look up at me in surprise. Some of them look shocked but the majority of them look scared.

"Who the hell is Jeremy Lands?" I yell again. The newspaper in my grip in my fist begins to crinkle. I swear if someone doesn’t tell me who this shrimp is I’ll-

"Me." A timid voice says. I look up to see the same kid that Tiffany yelled at on the first day of school slowly raising his hand.

"Jeremy, you wanna explain this." I say holding up the fistful of crinkled newspaper.

"I-I-I just wr-wrote i-it fo-for M-Matt b-because h-he asked m-me t-too." He manages to stutter. He looks like he is about to faint or cry. Maybe even both.

"Why?" I ask, walking over to him. Why would anyone do that jerk a favor?

"He's m-my c-co-cousin." He says. "Please d-don't h-hurt me.”

"What?" I say, shocked.

Matt is related to a geek? Woah.

"Jane." Someone from behind me says. "Don't hurt him."

I turn around and groan. Guess who it is? Warm brown eyes, brown hair, 6ft something, a huge ego, and he attacked me yesterday! Know who it is now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys really quick update sorry its short but yesterday was my bday and I had a surprise party. and well you know, party + screming + stuff that teenagers do = CRAZY BAD HEADACHES AND TRIEDNESS so ya ill update soon.

Thank you for all the vote and comments now my book it ChickLit #86 / Humor #376!!!!!! thnk you!!!!!!!

Dedicated to my lovely sister @IloveLA88

Vote

Comment

Share

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI GUYS QUICK UPDATE SO I HAVE WRITTEN ALL MY CHAPTERS MOSTLY BUT I HAVE TO SEND THEM TO MY EDITOR SO IF YOU WILL BE PATIENT WITH ME THAT WOULD BE AWESOME :D AND ITS SO GREAT TO SEE SO MANY SUPPORTERS :) 

THANKS 

LUV Y'ALL

MOLLY <3