Chapter One

Branson Williams

There's only a short list of things I hate, number one, my sister's best friend.

Noah Everret.

He fucking sucks. Not only is he a total buzz kill, he's bossy and moody. I swear he sucks the life out of everything. Or maybe he just wants to ruin my life. Who knows.

"Bran come on, you know he's right" my sister, Layla says. We just got to this party thirty minutes ago, and Noah talked her into leaving. Already. Like I said, he sucks.

"Dad, don't care," I tell her, because they won't. Well, dad will. Pops won't. I have two days, well we do. Dad worries about everything. Pops doesn't, but he does whatever dad says. They're in love, and perfect mates. At least to us.

"Bran come on, dont pull this shit. You know they'll kill me if we leave you here" Layla says, and she's right. But they will also kill me for not going with them. My shoulders slump.

"I see you tomorrow, first day of school" I nod to my best friend, Dylan.

"See ya man" he responds. Dylan and I have been best friends for a little over 6 years.

I follow Layla through the crowded hallway, and to the front door. Where the Noah Everet stands. His dirty blonde hair falls over his forehead, and he has his bitch face on. His blue eyes, which would be attractive if they weren't attached to him, land on me. They narrow. Instantly.

"What took so long?" he asks, and Layla loops her arm with his.

"Don't worry. We're ready"

We all thought they'd be mates, but their 18th birthdays came, and well they weren't. Noah's parents were best friends growing up, and are mates. They kinda expected the same for him I guess.

We make our way to Noah's truck, I climb in the back. Sulking immediately. Because tonight was supposed to be fun, before I start my senior year.

Noah and Lay are a year above me, they graduated last year. Now they're getting ready to slip into their roles in this pack. Which means finding their mates, first.

The drive to our house is short, sadly. We pull up, and I get out. I make my way into the familiar house, Layla and Noah following.

"You guys are home early" Dad says, and I make my way into the living room plopping down beside him.

"Because they suck" I grumble, dad scoots over nudging my arm.

"Don't be rude," he says. Dad, or Zeke, isn't a wolf, like Pops. It's still rare to this day, but he was a human mate, and got introduced to all this stuff that is our normal. He also got pregnant, with all three of us. Layla, Me, and Alexander. Lay is 19, and Xander is 15.

"What's wrong?" Pops says, coming down the stairs in his sweats. He has dark skin, and black hair. While dad is pale, and blonde as ever. I get my hair from Pops, but my eyes are a mix of both of them.

Layla is more on the paler side, but has brown hair. As does Xander, but he has the same eyes as me, while Lay has brown eyes.

We're a good mix of our parents, that's for sure.

"He's throwing a fit because we wanted to leave the party" Layla says, and Pops shakes his head, coming over and sitting on the other side of his mate.

"It's his senior year," Dad says, cutting Pops off. "He just wanted to have fun" he gives me a small smile, his dimple popping out slightly. Xan has them too.

"Thanks dad" I lean over, resting my head on his shoulder. We all have different bonds with our parents, but dad and I seem to be closer than Pops and I. I know they both love us all equally and blah blah.