Chapter Eleven

Branson Williams

After crying with my sister for an hour, I'm lying in bed staring at the ceiling. She convinced me to give this thing with Noah a try. I don't want to. Not really. Maybe that's a lie. I don't know anymore.

But I don't want to be the one stopping my sister from having her happy ending.

I'm gay

Even if you reject this I'm not going to be with her

Either way, she wont have a happy ending with him. So why should we both be miserable?

Because if she can't have him, I shouldn't either. Turning on my side, i let out a heavy breath. There's a knock on my door, then Xan's overwhelming scent hits me. He comes in, doesn't say anything.

He climbs in bed behind me, and wraps his arms around my torso. We sit in silence, neither of us disturbing it.

My thoughts are on a rampage, and my head is so fucking loud.

Because I hate him.

But I want him.

Need him.

I don't notice the loud sob that breaks through until Xan's arms tighten around me. He starts murmuring "It's okay Bran" he's soft, but he's holding me tightly. "She's going to be okay yano" he murmurs, scooting closer.

"I-I don't know what to do" i admit, and Xan sighs.

"I told you what to do before" he whispers after a moment.

You won't ever fully be happy if you don't give it a real chance.

My body sags, from exhaustion, from the battle in my head. "I don't know how you do it" I murmured after a moment.

"Me either" his voice comes out broken, and he strokes my hair. "You'll be okay, bran" he adds, and i fall asleep in my broken brother's arms. My little brother.

"You seem...nervous," Dyl says, as we sit in class. My leg is bouncing, and i let out a heavy breath.

"We're going to talk about marking today" I murmur, and he straightens in his seat.

"Already?"

A nod is all I can do, and he lets out his own shaky breath. "You want that?" he asks and I nod again.

"Yeah, I think it'll help a lot of things right now. Maybe not the best solution, but it's one" i lean back in my seat, drawing on the edge of my paper.

"Want to go for a run later?" he asks, and I shake my head.

"Can't, tomorrow?"

"Sounds good"

—-

The day drags on, and the usual 8 hours feels like 12. I'm nervous, and excited, and sad. I dont want to be the reason she's not happy, but will i ever been happy if i dont go through with it?

From what we've learned, marking usually happens when youre.. Intimate with your mate. We're not there, so how will it go for us? Will it be awkward? Uncomfortable?

My thoughts are driving me crazy as i make my way outside of the school after the final bell. I feel him before i see him. He's leaning against his truck, arms crossed and staring at me. His face is blank, and he raises a brow at me.

"He looks intimidating," Harper mumbles, and i nod.

"As the alpha, isn't that his job?" I keep my voice low, and she shrugs.