Chapter Five

Branson Williams

Many, many wings later, and a couple movies it starts to get late. My siblings, mate and I have been watching Disney movies. I'm sharing a couch with Xan, who looks about ready to pass out.

He gets up first, announcing he's going to bed. I want to go to bed, but my wolf is being so fucking needy. He's going crazy, he wants to be close. But I am not going to make a move to get closer. It's getting close to midnight, when Layla mumbles to Noah.

"I'm tired, are you staying?" her voice is a whisper, and Noah nods in response. "Are you coming up, or finishing the movie?" she asks, pushing the blanket off her body.

"Finishing the movie" he says, and she nods before murmuring a goodnight to me and making her way up to bed. Noah and I don't talk, we watch the movie in silence. It's tension filled and slightly awkward. But we both stick it out, because we're both fucking stubborn.

When the movie ends, we go our separate ways to go to bed. I toss and turn all night, my wolf going stir crazy at how close our mate is, but not in bed with us. Someone needs to remind this asshole that we still hate that asshole. But Xan's words from earlier replay in my head.

You won't ever fully be happy if you don't give it a real chance.

—-

"Come on guys, again" Pops groans, watching some of the wolves stumble through the workout, some collapsing and others just miserably failing. Layla, Noah and I are on top form, of course.

"Alright, ten minutes, then we're going outside and running. Get it together" Pops snaps, and turns to his own water bottle drinking. My best friend, Dylan is panting and collapses to the floor.

"I don't know how you do it" he huffs, resting back on his elbows. "This is exhausting"

"I train a lot" I drop down next to him, our bodies almost brushing against each other.

"We should go for a run later tonight" he drinks from his water bottle, and I snatch it, taking some. I fucking forgot my water bottle again. He nudges my shoulder with his, shaking his head. "You gotta bring your own"

"I always forget" I go to take another sip, but the bottle is being snatched from my hand. My brows furrow, and it's tossed into the Dyl lap. A dark blue one gets shoved into my hand, and my eyes snap up to Noah's. He says nothing, and walks away.

What the fuck is dickhead's problem now?

"I think he's jealous," Dyl says, his voice a mere whisper as he sips from his drink.

"Not my problem" i murmur, sipping from the new bottle because im fucking thirsty.

"Anyways, run later?"

"Yeah, after dinner?" I ask, my eyes finding Noah's again. His eyes are narrowed and locked on the place where mine and Dylan's body meet. Slowly, I scoot over a tad, so we're no longer touching and I swear his eyes soften. They flick up to my own, and he doesn't say anything, but he gives a slight nod.

Satisfaction surges through me without permission. My checks are heating. After about five minutes, we're all going outside and shifting into our wolves. My wolf is all black, with random brown spots throughout it.

My eyes instantly snap to Noah, and his brown wolf. He has a huge white spot on his belly. His golden eyes lock on mine, and a growl emits from him. My wolf loves the attention, purring in response. Noah is tackling us before I can process, and nipping playfully at my neck, legs and chest.

My wolf pushes forward, purring and exposing our stomach. Noah's on top of me, trapping me to the floor when a loud warning growl comes deep from his chest. My head snaps over, seeing Dylan's black wolf hunkered down and showing submission. My mate lowers, getting ready to attack when Pops pops in between the two.