Chapter Four

Noah Everrett

Today is Layla's little brother's mating ceremony. The fucking asshole. The pack house is busy, since he's the beta's son. It's kind of a big deal. It wasn't as big as mine, or my beta Layla. But every wolf gets a ceremony and it is keeping the pack busy.

Branson is like a golden retriever, and the girls love it. So they're all freaking out hoping to be his mate.

I hope his mate makes him more bearable.

I make my way through the cafeteria, getting lunch before the ceremony. I find Layla, scoffing down her food.

"Hey" I say as I sit down beside her, picking at my food.

"Hey, I gotta be quick. Bran is freaking out" of course he is.

"He's dramatic" I mumble, scooping food into my mouth. She sends me a glare.

"You were a mess at your ceremony too" shrugging, I continued to eat. The ceremony is kinda boring, but it's awakening, for you to be able to find your mate. A lot of people find them right away,unlike Lay and I.

Unmated wolves go to all ceremonies, no matter who it is. And being alpha I have to go no matter what.

Layla is gone shortly after, and I take my time eating, then making my way back to the suite I share with my family.

My sisters are running around, my mom is getting ready and my dad is sitting on the couch watching my sisters.

"Ready?" Dad asks, as I take a seat beside him.

"I guess, it's just Bran. I don't really care '' I admit, because it doesn't change anything for me. Everytime a girl goes for her ceremony I have a sliver of hope, because I hope they are my mate. For my parents sake. But it never happens.

"Never know, Bran has two dads," he says.

"Don't even" I would rather jump off a bridge than have a chance of being Branson mate.

"It's always possible, you know that right?"

"I'm not into guys"

"Neither was uncle P" dad raises a dark brow "But look at him with Uncle Zeke, he'd kill for him. He has killed for him. Neither of them were really into dudes" dad stands, and that puts some stuff into perspective. Dad's never talked so openly about me having a male mate. Maybe I could tell them, and not be a disappointment .

"What changed for Uncle P?"

"The bond, Zeke, all of it. Being open minded I guess."

"And uncle Zeke?" I question, as dad puts his hands in his pockets.

"He could feel the bond to an extent, but I think it's the same thing as uncle P. He was open minded and let it happen. So i wouldn't rule it out" he runs his fingers through his dark hair.

"You wouldn't care?"

"Didn't care with Uncle P, wouldn't care with my pups. Nothing will change how I feel about my children" Who is this guy? Normally dad is so hard on me.. about everything. And he always talks about me having a female mate. 

"Okay.. I'll keep an open mind. But not with Branson" shaking my head "I would rather be mateless then have him"

"Be nice. The other day needs to be the end of it with you guys. Remember what i said" Dad says, and mom comes out. Her blonde hair is short, resting on her shoulders. It's curly, and she has a light layer of makeup.

"Yes, everyone needs to play nice. It's an important day for Bran, and he deserves to have it a good one. Now girls" they stop running, and look innocently at our mother.