~ ch 9

shoji <3

hi im back btw

---

You return to the classroom at the end of the day, tired, and emotionally checked out. The last lectures are over by now, and you're only staying to pick up the things you left in the classroom before you fled, and maybe say goodbye to your friends and classmates as to not cause worry.

You run a hand through your [h/c] hair as you enter, making a beeline for your seat. The only things you left are your notebook, phone, and pencil, as well as a sweater draped across the back of your seat. It's torn in a few places, and it's worn thin from the amount of times you've worn it, so you'll probably have to buy a new one soon - you sigh at the thought, pulling your arms through the sleeves of the sweater.

It's too big for you, because it used to belong to your brother, and he's a lot taller than you, so it reaches your mid-thigh.

You're about to slip your phone into your pocket and leave your school supplies in your dimension when a hand on your shoulder stops you from leaving.

When you turn around, it's surprisingly not one of your classmates that you're very familiar with.

You belatedly wonder why people keep approaching you, because you aren't really that extraordinary and you've spent countless hours wondering how your classmates could be so amazing and how you feel you'll be left behind-

"L/N, right?"

The other classmate of yours that cleared their team challenge from yesterday, right before yours, smiles nervously at you.

They're a girl - you're pretty sure her name is Uraraka, and behind her is the green-haired boy, who's so nervous that he can't even look at you. The brown-haired mousy girl watches your eyes flit from her, to him, to back to her, before you nod once.

"A-ah, that's great!" Uraraka takes her hand off your shoulder and claps, clearly finding the situation awkward, "Um, do you have a minute?"

You do.

You nod again, leaning against the wall behind you with a tilt of your head.

Uraraka's face heats up before she hurriedly gestures to herself, "I'm Ochako Uraraka! Um, I'm sorry to keep you from going home, my friend had a question about your quirk. Or maybe more questions. Um."

Despite finding their nervousness endearing, you choose to lighten up the tension, laughing a little to yourself when their heads snap up when you chuckle.

"Y/N L/N - wait, sorry, you already know that," You absentmindedly note the last part, wringing your hands together, slightly surprised at your own stupidity, "Don't worry, you'd never bother me - I have a little sister, I really don't get annoyed easily." You smile when you mention your sister - she'd be home by now, probably coloring, as she'd made it her mission to greet you at the door when you got back from UA every day with a different picture of you as a hero.

She's surprisingly good at drawing for her age. Maybe being an artist runs in your family, because you're also an artist.

You direct what you hope is a non-nervous smile towards the two, and they share a confused glance, before you awkwardly mumble, "Oh, I thought you said you had a question-"

"I DO!" Uraraka's friend - Midoriya, you believe his name is, but you could be wrong - shoots up to ask the questions he has, before he hurriedly goes off on a tangent about how cool your quirk is, and then stumbles over himself to apologize, and then quickly begins shooting questions at you.