Chapter 2: Getting acquainted with each other

Angel sighed: "See? I told you he's bad news. He's basically just another creep like Alastor."

Alastor whispered to Bill: "Shall we continue our conversation in private?"
Bill takes off his hat shortly to Alastor as it used to be an old etiquette, replying: "I'd be delighted."
Alastar led Bill to his quarters.

Angel: "So what should we do about him?"
Charlie: "We help him achieve becoming a better person!"
Angel sighs deeply: "Oh Charlie, you believe people anything. This thing isn't even a person though. It's some weird... 2nd dimensional being who seems to like the thought of making everything his!"
Husk: "What could we even do about him? You heard him yourself... he isn't even from this dimension. He can't be compared to other demons. He never was a mortal. Who knows which unimaginable powers he harbours. We probably don't stand a chance against him. Especially if he actually manages to form an alliance with Alestor."

Angel: "Pfff... I bet they will end up betraying each other. Even if they work together, it will only be an end to a means. Once they achieve their goal, their cooperation will inevitably end and they'll try to get rid of each other so they have the power they had gained to themselves alone. Entities like them are like this."

Meanwhile in Alastor's quarters:
Alastor: "May I offer you a bite of fresh deer meat?"
Bill: "Thank you, I'll gladly try it!"
Bill takes a few bites of the deer meat and looks very pleased: "It's indeed very delicious." Alastor smiles at him: "What do you usually devour?" Bill: "Planets! Just kidding. I don't need to eat or drink anything. If I do, it's either cuz of casual boredom, for fun or because it tastes delicious. I mean... only because I don't need it, doesn't mean I have to miss out on the marvellous taste. And when I eat, it's usually some kinds of meat. And sometimes I drink some intergalactic wine. I suppose you're a very... enthusiastic meat-eater?"
Alastor: "I suppose you could say so."'
He says so while his smile grows bigger so his teeth are shown very widely.

He continues: "If you don't mind me asking, what powers do you, a being of the 2nd dimension, have?"
Bill smirks: "I don't suppose demons who once used to be human can compete with that multitude. But anyway, I'm gonna list them up. Just for you. I can manipulate gravity, size, molecules and minds. I can regenerate myself, warp reality, possess minds and control their bodies, I can enter dreams, shape & control them, I can do telekinesis, transform organic matter, I can teleport myself and many other things. And what are you capable of, Alastor?"

Alastor's right eye was tweaking. Bill wasn't sure whether Alastor felt threatened, intimidated, inferior, envious, or simply annoyed.

Alastor's voice was more static than usual when he replied: "I'm able to summon shadows and to manipulate them into doing what I tell them to do. I'm capable of using some kind of blood magic. I can move around easier and warp with the help of my shadows. I'm a dealmaker and for each soul I gain, I gain more power."

Bill looks at him fondly, saying: "I can really see you becoming an useful ally to me, Alastor."
In Alastor's eyes is a hint of doubt: "Do you, with such great and many powers, really see me of any use? And I recall you saying you use symbols instead of names?"

Bill reassures him: "I know you are of great potential to me. Especially once I help you cut ties with the one you're tied to. You'll be free and I'll give you some of my power making you even more powerful than you can even imagine."
Alastor's eyes blinked furiously and his form altered to his more demonic form slowly:"How do you know about this? If you tell anyone or if you plan to use this against me, I'll fight you and broadcast your screams on the radio for everyone in Hell to hear!"

Feeling amused, Bill replied: "Do you seriously think YOU could threaten ME? Especially after I just made you such a perfect offer nobody could decline? Don't you have any idea of what I can do??! How about I shuffle all of your orfices? Or I rearrange and disassemble your molecules?!"

Alastar got to his senses again. With a hint of nervousness in his eyes, he replied: "Please excuse my behaviour. Whenever anyone mentions my weakness, I feel... uncontrollably threatened. I'll gladly take your very kind offer, Bill. I hope we can be allies as well as good friends."

Bill relaxes: "Apology accepted. I'm pleased to hear you take my offer and I share your sentiment towards us being potential allies and friends. I'm glad that we met, Alastor."
Alastor relaxes too: "Me too, dear! Do tell though why you call me by my name and not by my symbol as you do with the others?"
Bill: "I call you by your name because I respect you and because you're gonna be my ally and friend very soon."