Chapter 6: That's what friends are for

Usually, Alastor doesn't really develop any sincere feelings for someone in any way. And even if it seems like he cares for someone, it's always a ploy to achieve what what he wants.

A game of playing pretend and acting nice and caring. But having someone caring and valueing you so much that they basically give you a part of themselves to heal you ... made Alastor actually feel something. He wasn't really sure what it was. And heck, he definitely didn't like feeling that way. And even more so, he would hate admitting the way he feels.

But after a few moments, he just shrugs it off or pretends to, telling himself it's only an overwhelming feeling of gratefulness. Alastor was interrupted in his thinking when Bill regained conscienceness.

Alastor grins widely and felt relieved that Bill awoke: "It's good to see you've recovered! You're not looking so pale anymore now."

Bill grunts: "I'm still feeling annoyingly weak. Ugh I hate feeling weak like this. How do people deal with feeling so powerless all the time?"
Alastor smirks, saying: "They only know this way of living. So they don't miss it."

There's a short silence between the two of them. Alastar blinked, just processing everything that has happened since Bill showed up.

Alastor turns to give Bill a serious look in his eye while still keeping his smile: "I want to let you know... that I really deeply appreciate that you didn't hesitate to deal with temporary weakness in order to heal me. You're the first and only one to ever do such a thing for me."

Bill shrugs it off: "Ah don't mention it. It was nothing. Well it was a bit annoying to feel like a powerless being. I even passed out! How embarrassing. Tsk... well it might sound very cliché but as mortals like to say... that's what friends are for. That's... what friends are for, right? I have to admit I reallyyy lack experience in that area."

Alastor's smile became a sincere one: "I'm very grateful though! Also, it is indeedy what friends are for. I can't really speak from... experience but I heard it is that way."

Both of them are just sitting next to each other as Bill was still "sitting" on the ground weakened. Alastor was slightly wondering whether a hug was appropriate in this situation. While on the one hand, he wasn't big on touch or anything like that, he felt like he kind of owed him some form of expressing sincere gratitude for him for saving him.

But in the end, Alastor denied the thought after trying to imagine him hugging his triangle-shaped friend. Which would look quite... idiotic.

So Alastor sighed: "So what's the plan for now, dear?"
Bill: "Well... next I wanna take down the Vs!"
Alastar's eyes very obviously lightened up in great excitement: "YES! Totally in favor! But one thing... let me be the one to take down Vox, alrighty?"

Bill: "If you don't mind me asking, pal? Why the TV? Do you two have a personal conflict?"

Alastor: "Firstly, It's not a TV. It's a noisy picture box! Secondly, the radio is the only proper way to express oneself! While the picture box is completely overrated, hollow and superficial. So naturally, I dislike him in either case. But he... oh he... wronged me, then I wronged him and we kept... opposing each other like that. Actually, he had asked me to join the Vs but I declined so that's why he became properly annoyed with me."

Bill smirks: "Well he'll be all yours to defeat! I'll take care of the other Vs. Without the support of the other Vs, you are gonna be able to put him down on your own, right?"

Alastar frowns heavily and gives him a sinister look. His antlers show and he's slowing turning into his more demonic form: "Do you wanna insinuate that I can't take care of this little thing..." His voice gets more static: ".... on my own?!"

Out of anger and feeling like attacking someone in general, Alastar orders his huge shadow to corner and try to drown Bill inside the shadow. Even though Bill was still weakened, he wasn't having this. So he shot a strong laser right through the huge shadow. The huge shadow gets severed apart painfully as well as forcefully by the lazer.

Alastor gasps in obvious pain but he doesn't wanna lose his composure. And now he's even more angry. Bill tries to talk him back to his senses: "Hey! I didn't mean to upset you, pal! I just wanted to make sure you can really pull this off. Don't get me wrong but compared to me, all of you demons are quite weak hone-"

He was shut up by another try of Alastor's huge but severed shadows to capture him inside the shadows. Bill slowly starts getting annoyed and becomes his angry red triangle-like self, yelling: "Do you wanna be turned into stone, my dear pal?!"
But Alastor still didn't calm down. Bill used a small force field against Alastor and made him painfully hit the wall behind him. Alastor's body was now being pressed onto the wall.

Alastor slowly comes to his senses again as he felt the pain. Ashamed over having lost his composure, he looks at his angry friend. Who was looking actually quite scary like this, Alastor noted mentally. With a hint of fear in his eyes, he muttered: "I'm sorry for losing my composure."

Bill loosened the grip on him so Alastor wasn't pressed against the wall anymore and could move around freely again. Bill scoffed at him: "Show me you mean it."
Alastor gives him a hesitant look: "You should know... I rather dislike touch."

Before Bill could reply anything, Alastor slowly closed the gap between them and insecurely and shyly gave Bill a very loose hug.

Much to his surprise, the texture of whatever Bill consisted of, made Bill feel rather nice to touch. In Alastor's opinion at least.

So after a few seconds, he tightened the hug a bit.
Alastor felt very confused that he found himself enjoying the hug.
Bill whispers: "To my utter surprise, I'm enjoying the hug too."

Alastor stopped the hug and walked a few steps back: "How- how do you know I lik-"
Before he could finish his sentence, Bill replies: "Instead of letting go of the very loose hug, you ended up tightening the hug. So I conclude... that you... found yourself comfortable in it?"

Alastor just stares at him, giving him his widest smile to hide his confusion over what he is feeling: "I would very much prefer... not talking about this... ever again. Au revoir!"

Bill just looks at him a bit confused: "Okay we won't talk about it... for... now. But don't just go wherever! We have the V's to defeat! Alastor?"

As Alastor hears this, he immediately changes the walking direction again & returns to Bill. Bill adds: "If I may say so... we should also work on your... anger issues. Now, please don't turn into a deer again, thanks."