Chapter 7: next target: Vox

Little timeskip:

Angrily, Vox yelled: "That fucker is back!"
Alastor took a few steps towards him: "Oh silly, I always come back! No need to act surprised!"

Bill appeared behind Alastor and also approached Vox curiously.
Bill gave Vox an amused look, stating: "You look... hilarious!"
Vox was taken aback by Bill's appearance: "What kind of freak are you? Are you a new little toy of Alastor?"

Bill changes his form to his fighting form again: "Surely not! If anything, he would be MY toy! Not the other way around."
Alastor hummed in a slightly annoyed tone: "I thought we were..." His voice fills with static again: "...equals."

Vox snarked: "What have you guys going on? Whatever it is, I'm smelling DRAMA!"
Alastor's shadow pushed Vox forcefully against the wall: "If you value the continuation of your ridiculous existence, would you be so kind to just keep your silly useless noisy mouth shut?"

Vox indeed remained quiet for now as he watched the drama between Bill and Alastor unfold. Bill sighed: "Could you stop it with the anger issues? You know I didn't mean it like that."

Alastor hummed: "You better treat me with more respect. I'm NOT your toy! I only want freedom. And power."

Since they were all distracted with each other, Vox saw the chance to escape and get the other Vs to help him fight those two.
Silently, Vox fled.
Bill: "Your silly tantrums are starting to get on MY NERVES!"

Enraged, Bill snaped his fingers and turned Alastor's staff and arms to stone so for the time being, Alastor couldn't command his shadows or use any of his other powers.
Bill's eye was glowing red at Alastor: "If you don't behave better and if you keep annoying me, I don't really have a reason to keep you around."

Vox ran into Velvette and Valentino: "Alastor and his new... I don't know... just tried to fight me but those 2 fuckers got into a fight with each other and completely forgot about me!"

Valentino: "Is his... companion or whatever... attractive?"
Vox: "Seriously? Of all the things you could ask... You asked... this?"
Velvette: "This really shouldn't be a surprise to you."
Vox: "Well his companion has the shape of a god damn triangle... so I don't think he's suitable for your establishments, Val."
Valentino humms: "You never know. Some demons might be attracted by his... uniqueness."

Vox: "Oh come on, drop it! Can you assist me to fight them?"

Bill glares at Alastor angrily: "You know what people expect from us, right? They don't really take our alliance seriously because they think entities like us aren't capable of working together. If you don't... enjoy my company enough to work together with me, at least pretend for the power or for knowing we would be proving them wrong this way."

Alastor just looks away, seemingly unbothered but you never know what lies underneath it all.
He wasn't sure why he was feeling like this. He felt threatened about Bill but also like they were destined to be together. Two chaos-havocing, power-hungry, freedom-seeking demons. It would make more sense for them to conquer worlds together instead of unnecessarily fighting each other. Alastor was aware of that but he was struggling with changing his ways. He has never had such a deep, long-term-looking bond to another being before and he felt overwhelmed having to be a teamplayer all of the sudden after having been a lone wolf all his life. He really didn't want this mighty demon who could end his existence in a second to turn against him. Alastor knew it was time to explain himself to him.

Alastor approached Bill and tried to look Bill in his eye even though Bill's anger scared him: "Bill, I need to..." His voice distorts: "... apologise to you. I struggle with... changing my ways. I've been a loner all my life. I didn't care for social connection. But I want you to be my... friend. But I don't know how to become a people person over night. In fact, I think I-"

Alastor was interrupted as the V's showed up. Vox chuckled: "Oh would you look at those 2 strange lovebirds."

Bill removed all the stone particles from Alastor's arms and staff. Bill smirked at Alastor: "They're all yours! Enjoy yourself, pal."

Alastor's grin turned super wicked and his antlers rose. Alastor attacked the V's with his huge shadow. Alastor pressed his hand with all the force he had, also pressing all the oxygen out of the V's bodies'. Alastor was cackling like a very happy maniac.

Bill looked at his friend with a glimpse of pride. As Alastor joyfully finished his work, he turned to face Bill. They both smirked at each other as they sat down on the ground.

Alastor shyly reached out to lay his left arm on Bill's triangle self. Just as he would lay an arm on a person's shoulder. Bill was genuinely surprised by Alastor's show of affection but he liked when Alastor touched him in any way. He usually didn't care for touch.

Especially if a mortal touched him, he didn't like it. But it was different with Alastor.
Alastor still smiled as ever but Bill could see a hint of insecurity in his eyes. So for reassurance, Bill also laid one of this arms on Alastor's shoulder and whispered: "I like you too, pal."