Chapter 17: familiar face

Alastor: "I would very much urge you to think about this more realistically. How else is the story of 2 power-hungry murdering chaos-mongering demons falling in love with each other supposed to end then? You should know better than anyone else that in reality, there's no such thing as a happy ending."

Bill turns away from him, floating away a bit. Bill just looked at the ground, having a sad look on his face: "I indeed know. I have seen it many, many times. The happiness is only temporary, defeated by the brutal reality that happiness doesn't last forever. So if this is what you really want, Alastor, I won't stop you. But I'll kill you quicker than you can say my name if you decide attacking me."

Bill contemplated the option of keeping Alastor in a cage or freezing him for a while so he wouldn't have to lose him and face lonesomeness once again.

Sure, in the beginning, he didn't mind being alone at all but after all those eons of existence, even the once fearsome Bill himself has grown weary and tired of the lonesomeness and having nobody to talk to.

But on the other hand, he didn't want to keep his friend around by force. Though that would be unlike him. So he thought: "What the heck? What's stopping me from just keeping him here by force?"

While Bill was still thinking about his options, Alastor was attacking him with his shadows, trying to break or drown him by the force of his shadows.

As Bill finally snapped out of his thoughts and realised what was going on, he effortlessly freed himself from the shadows and casted a very strong and contained glass cube around Alastor by simply snapping his fingers. He then added 20 more cubes tightly aligning on the other to secure that Alastor wouldn't be able to bust out of his prison.

Alastor: "So what are you gonna do, hm? Do you intend to keep me locked in here until I love you back?"
Bill: "So you really don't?"

Bill was fuming out of anger and he tightened and made the cubes smaller.
Alastor gulped visibly: "I..."
Bill: "Louder! I don't hear you, you manipulative shortsta-."

Alastor tried expressing himself through singing:
"All my life, I had no interest in anyone
All I've wanted was to have some fun
By murdering and eating people
I just aimed for power and glory
And I am not sorry
Oh no, I am not sorry
The only thing I am sorry for
Is falling in love with a triangle
Nothing in my life has made me weaker
Nothing in life has made me more
Ashamed and enraged
Than falling in love with a silly triangle
I was so close to reaching my goal
But then I met you
Giving me more things to feel
Than only bloodlust and powerthirst
You are the worst yet best thing
That has ever happened to me
And I hate myself for it."

Bill felt touched by what Alastor was trying to express and joined his song:
"For eons I've chased power and chaos
The only thing coming out of it
Being defeat and lonesomeness
At the beginning it didn't startle me
But as time went on
It really started wearing me down
I've wanted someone to share the
Reign, the power and chaos with
Being similar-minded to me,
I hoped you might take that spot
But instead of only looking for a companion
I've developed feelings like
Puny mortals do
I'm ashamed of it but a bit of shame
Isn't enough to keep me from you!"

Suddenly, someone appeared out of the bushes of the forrest.
"Have I somehow managed to end up in a Disney musical dimension? Like what the hell is going on here?"

Bill's eye narrowed: "Pine Tree?!"

The young man awkwardly said: "Bill, I never would have thought I would see you sing... a love song? Or whatever I should call this? Too bad, Mabel isn't here. She would have gone cray cray for you to confess your love to someone."