Chapter 16: Can we change our ways?

Alastor and Bill both contemplated intensively the possibility of attacking Joseph. But something told both of them to their very cores that the being in front of them wasn't to be messed with for it was much mightier than Bill and it would definitely wouldn't be willing to discuss different peaceful possibilties if they went for an attack against Joseph.

Alastor's voice fills with static: "We're all ears."

Joseph explains: "I'll kick you off Hell's throne. I'll turn everything in Hell back to the way it used to be. Lucifer will never have lost his throne and daughter, the demons will never have been tortured. But Alastor would have to leave Hell. He can't tell anyone the truth about what had happened or talk about it at all. Bill, I would order you to return to Gravity Falls. The weirdness shield would prevent you from having your grand weirdness parties any further than the borders of Gravity Falls. And you'll take your lover with you."

Alastor: "What is... Gravity Falls? I haven't heard of it."

Bill: "It's a small weird town in Oregon, USA."

Alastor: "I suppose that's a fine deal. I would still have some kind of freedom and we would still rule a town and still know each other. Don't you also think that this is the best option, Bill?"

Bill sighs: "I hate admitting defeat but it's too good of a deal to decline. So we're both accepting that deal."

Joseph: "I'll make you forget about my existence though."

Alastor smirks in a sing-song voice: "I certainly won't complain about that!"

Bill shushes him: "I love you Alastor but don't be cocky in front of Joseph. Show this super mighty being the respect he deserves."

Joseph shrugs: "Thanks for your concern, Cipher. But don't worry, I don't take offence in the words of mortals. Have fun in Gravity Falls, bye! Don't buy gold!"

It looked as if Hell disappeard from their view point as the image of Hell quickly got replaced with white static everywhere. Bill and Alastor got wiped off Hell.

After a few moments of dizziness and confusion, the white noise turns into the surroundings of Gravity Falls.

Bill excitedly floats around, taking a look at his surroundings: "Oh Gravity Falls! It's good to be back!"

Alastor took a few steps: "It has been ages since the last time I've walked through a forrest! My first ever murder took place in a forrest so this is bringing back quite some memories, hahahaha!"

But then Alastor stops dead in his tracks: "How- how did I get here? Why and how have I left Hell as a demon??! HOW CAN I EXIST ON EARTH AS A DEMON?!"

Bill just laughs manically: "Does it matter how it's possible? All that matters is that we can still rule a world and that we are still together, my dear!"

Alastor smiles at him warmly and hugs him: "Indeedy."
Bill gives him a confused look: "Though I have to admit I can't remember what business we have being in Gravity Falls all of the sudden? Why did we go here?"

Alastor: "It feels really peculiar. There's just... a gap. A gap in my memories. What's the last thing you remember before we got here?"

Bill: "The latest thing I remember is you heading to go for a walk to see the tortured sinners yourself."

Alastor: "And I remember the walk itself. Though in the middle of the walk... there's also a small part I can't remember. Like that memory was... CUT OUT OF MY BRAIN! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!"

Bill is floating closer to Alastor, holding Alastor's shoulders with his hands to attempt comforting him: "I don't know either. But whatever happened, we're still alive and together. So we should just focus on that, okay?"
Alastor was shaking a bit but he ended up saying: "Alright...I'll try."

Alastor looks at Bill again, saying in a curious tone: "So you're familar with this town and its forrest?"

Bill replied in a nostalgic tone: "Before I managed to finally physically manifest in Gravity Falls, I had been locked in the Mindscape for eternities! I've tried breaking free by tricking mortal souls, pretending to help them but in turn they worshipped me as a god and tried helping me but it took the mortals a wholeee while to get advanced enough in technology, math and quantum physics to finally build me a working portal to escape the Mindscape. Anyway, once I've finally taken over Gravity Falls... I had been defeated only a few days later."

Alastor looked at him even more curious: "Who or what could possibly defeat you?"

Bill frowns. He definitely didn't wanna reveal to his partner that he in fact was defeated by 2 old men and 2 kids.

So he just goes along, attempting to shrug it off: "Pfff no matter! They aren't here in Gravity Falls anymore and where's the point in telling you anyway?"

Alastor grins widely: "Don't you wish to revenge yourself at them?"

Bill: "Ever since I've fallen for you... my feelings of rage have toned down. As if loving you faded away my feeling of inner emptin-."

Bill was getting annoyed with himself, his voice distorting: "Heck, you've really changed me and my ways way too much, Al."

Alastor looked at him a bit alarmed: "Have you ever had the thought of killing me so you would stop your change of ways?"

Bill's voice became more distorted: "DID YOU?"

Alastor's grin fades weakly: "Yes. My love for you is making me weak and I can't have that!"

Bill scoffs: "So what do you want to do? Do you wanna die for good trying to kill me? Believe me, if you try ending me, I won't hesitate ending you in return."

Alastor grinned at him: "Perhaps that would be the right thing to do before the both of us change into weaker, pathetic versions of the strong, cruel, powerful beings we once used to be. If we do this, everything will be just like the way it used to be and the both of us won't be soft anymore."

Bill gave him a sad look: "It's sad that even I, a being from the 2nd dimension would rather give love a shot than a mortal."

Alastor gave him an evil grin: "Well if that's true, you're even weaker than I assumed!"

Bill turned into his fighting form, his voice distorting: "What the heck is wrong with you, Al? Why are you so appaled of the thought of change?"

Alastor: "Because you and me, we were never meant to have a silly change of heart. We were always meant to be and remain cold, heartless, cruel and hungry for power and chaos as well as freedom."

Bill: "What if I don't want those things anymore? What if I only want an existence with you instead? I'm sick of the lonesomeness of my eons of existence. I finally want some company."

Alastor: "So what? Shall we just become 2 silly lovebirds?"

Bill: "Why not? Who is stopping us from changing what was meant to be and to take fate into our own hands?"