Chapter 3: The Investigation Starts

Its now the weekend and Malikyte flies in to check in on the Destroyer Hunters, he finds Valentina training outside and approaches her, he says in a excited voice. "V, whats up!?" She turns around and says. "Thought you said you didn't want to join?"
Malikyte nods and says. "I did, but I thought it through and maybe I can help like you said, plus if this demon is after me, I'm gonna need all the help I can get?" Valentina gets a small smirk and takes him inside to the team. Zane looks at him with confusion and a bit of happiness. He runs over and says. "I thought you didn't want to join us?" Malikyte smiles and says. "Changed my mind..." Valentina walks him over to a war table and says in a serious tone. "So, not only are we completely fumbled on who this demon is, we also don't know where he's located." Malikyte looks on to table and is confused. He says calmly and serious. "Why is this the town, he's a demon why would he hide in the upper realm?" Valentina is a bit shocked but agrees and says. "Shit, your completely right, with the way he acted, there's no way he would hide in this realm. Ace!? You still got that overlay of the Destroyers realm?" Ascension brings over a different map and places it on the table and its a one to one to down view of the demon realm. Malikyte looks in awe and says. "This is the ONI fortress my father worked in..." Valentina in taken back by hearing this and starts pressuring him. "Wait wait wait... your a demon? Who's your father?" Malikyte turns to her and says. "My father was Fade, why?" She turns away and says quietly to herself. "The proficy, its real..."

She sits Malikyte down as the rest of the team works on where this demon could possibly be. She says in a calm voice. "First of all, sorry for the loss of your father, and second, my mum used to work with him, she's the reason you're even here, in fact, she's friends with your mum." Malikyte is very shocked by this information and smiles and says. "Wait, your mom knew my father...?" Valentina nods her head and shows him a picture of her mum, with Hailey and Fade. Malikyte looks at it and is shocked to think he has never met her. He says confused. "So how have we never met before?" She shakes her head and says. "I think it was to protect us, seeing how you were a half blood and I'm just a normal mortal, I guess it was that...?"

Malikyte nods and agrees and says. "I mean it would make sense for our parents to do that, especially now because of what happens." She also nods and smile and says. "I guess so, but look now, were in the same team working to kill a demon." Malikyte shakes his head fast and says. "No no, no killing..." She's shocked to hear his resentment and says. "But, he's trying to kill you, we have no choice..." Malikyte shakes his head again and says. "We always have a choice, and so does that demon, I can prove it..." Valentina is a bit worried but agrees and says. "Yeah, I guess you're right, we all have a choice..."

Valentina trains Malikyte on how they work a bit and then he leaves to go to Katrie's house and knocks her door. She runs downstairs and opens the door immediately and says. "Oh, why are you here?" Malikyte smiles and says. "Just thought I'd hop by and see how you're doing?" She smiles and leans on the doorway and says. "Eh, not to bad, you...?" He smiles and says back. "I'm doing good, just got into a team to try and hunt down that demon..." Katrie is taken back by this and says. "You're not seriously gonna try and hunt him down are you?" Malikyte nods his head and says in a serious tone. "Its the only way to make sure all of you are safe." She smile at hearing this and says back. "But who's gonna protect you...?" He chuckles a bit and says back. "I'm a demon, the desendant of a great demon at that, and I was gifted with these powers for a reason. And I wanna use them for good."

She invites him in and Malikyte sits on the couch a bit bored but likes the company as much as she does, she then sits next to him and the awkward silence happens again. She speaks up and says. "So, um... are we official or...?" Malikyte blushes but says. "I mean, I guess so?" Katrie is very happy inside but is able to hold it in. Malikyte tries to move a little closer to her and so does she till they're both touching shoulders. They both smile at each other and some time passes and she starts to close her eyes while she rests her head on his shoulder. Malikyte smiles and just lets her sleep on his shoulder. Some more time goes by and Malikyte wakes her up a bit and says. "Hey, I gotta get going..." Katrie is very tired but gets off his shoulder a bit sad that he has to leave. She says happily and excited. "Will you come back tomorrow?" Malikyte smiles and says. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world..." Malikyte leaves and goes home happy and goes to sleep...