Chapter 10: Preparing For Flames

The day goes by and everyone is still worried if what might happen, Malikyte is on his own on the balcony and Katrie comes over to him and says. "Hey, you doing good?" Malikyte responds in a serious tone. "No, I'm worried that if I mess this up, all of you could get hurt, or better yet, die... I can't let that happen." Katrie walks over to him and they're both side by side and she says. "Listen, that isn't going to happen, I know you, you're powerful, the most powerful there is. If anyones going to take down that demon, its you..." Malikyte smiles at Katrie and Katrie blushes. Malikyte looks out into the view and says. "You know, I never thought our lives would come to this, but I'm glad I could do it with you, Shouko and the Destroyer Hunters by my side." Katrie smiles at hearing this and hugs him tightly. Malikyte looks down at her and says. "Hey Katrie, I don't know if this is our last night together so, can I get just one little thing before we all go to sleep?" Katrie nods and smiles. Malikyte says. "Can we just have one kiss, I want to make sure I can kiss the person I love just incase I die." Katrie blushes but leans in to kiss Malikyte, he also does the same and they kiss for a while before Valentina walks out to the balcony and catches them and they break they're kiss in embarrassment. Valentina then says. "Hey, its getting late Malix, we should all get some sleep now." Malikyte nods and says to Katrie. "I love you Katrie, and I promise, I'm gonna do everything in my power to get back to you..." Katrie smiles and kisses him again before they head in.

The sunrises and all of the Destroyer Hunters including Malikyte are training for the worst, Malikyte isn't with the others though as he's training in his own way. Valentina starts looking for Malikyte and notices him on a hill meditating, she walks up to him and says. "Hey, Malix? You good?" Malikyte is still in deep meditation and doesn't hear her, in his head he's traveling across the world looking for Crimson. There's no luck so he breaks his deep meditation and says. "Oh! Yes ma'am." Valentina laughs and says. "You don't have to call me that dumbass!" She then lowers her tone and says. "So, how you feeling?" Malikyte shakes his head and says. "I'm on the verge of just saying leave me and my friends out of it but I know if I do all of you will get hurt, and I can't let that happen!" Valentina nods and understands why he said is and says. "Yeah, I understand that, but we're gonna win this, I promise, no one is gonna get hurt, were in this together, we will kill Crimson." Malikyte nods and stands up taking in one last view of his home then they head into the house to go over the plan one last time.

Valentina is busy telling the plan to Velocity, Ascension and Zane again while Malikyte is talking to his friends. Shouko says to Malikyte. "Hey, its been a while." Malikyte smiles and fistbumps him. He then says. "Yeah, it sure has..." Katrie also comes over and hugs Malikyte again. She says muffled. "Please, be careful, and make sure to kill that bitch." Malikyte nods and says. "Don't you worry, he's not getting away this time." She lets go with a bit of tears in her eyes, Shouko and Malikyte hug each other as if they're like brothers saying goodbye for the last time, Malikyte then says after letting go. "If this is our last time talking, thanks for being the brother i never had." Shouko nods and smile and says. "Right back at you bro." Malikyte nods and then the sun is near to setting.