Chapter 2

Saylor awoke with a start. Last night was brutal. But then again every night was ever since that day the Neverseen got her when she was only 1 year old. Brant scares the living heck out of her and she has scars to prove it. Too many scars At least when they changed her genes they made her an illusionist. This means she can create illusions and she uses her ability to hide all of the marks on her when she can. Even though it cost her. Her hands twitch and shake for no reason.

I wonder if I'll ever meet anyone with as many abilities as me She wondered

Probably not though, she has over 10 abilities. She's probably counting them at least twice a day but all of the sedatives make her brain fuzzy and she can't remember. She's been here for 14 years and it hasn't gotten any better, if anything it's gotten worse. She's tried getting out countless times. Each time failing worse than the last. She's given up at this point hoping they'll just forget about her one day.

"Well look who's awake!"

She weakly turned her head to see Brant in the doorway.

"Time for nighty night." He said with a grin.

In his hand a spray bottle.

"Please? I can just go to sleep on my own tonight-" She asked meekly

"Absolutely not!" He boomed,

"You just tried to get out again last night. You've lost any smidgen of trust you had." He said as he shook the black substance in the bottle.

"Wait! Who is that?" Saylor stalled.

She wanted anything but to be dragged back into that drugged nightmare state.

"That's Keefe, he's a visitor today. He wanted to drug you himself actually. Go ahead, Keefe." Brant said, smiling evilly as he shoved the bottle into Keefe's trembling hands.

"No. I'm not doing it. These- aren't normal." Keefe stuttered as he looked in the bottle at the black liquid.

"It's either you do it and maybe knock her out for a couple hours or I do it and knock her out for a week. Your choice." Brant said with a shrug.

Keefe realized he really had no choice as he slowly inched towards her. Tears were in his eyes as he crouched down by her head. She was shaking just as bad as he was. Whatever was in this bottle must be really bad.

"I'm so sorry," Keefe whispered as he gave her one, tiny spray.

She was out cold the second it hit her nostrils.

"What is this?" He asked angrily.

"Just a little concoction your mother came up with that uses a tiny dose of shadowflux. Knocks her out and gives her nightmares."

Keefe's eyes were clouded by hatred as he stood up and backed away from the small figure of Saylor.

"Let's go, Keefe. Time to let Miss Saylor here have fun." Brant laughed.

Keefe swore in his mind that he would make the Neverseen pay for this.