Chapter 5

Sophie was pacing her room, was taking way too long to get there. All of her friends were sitting on her bed watching her.

"Sooo, as fun as this is, are you ever going to tell us what's going on?" Fitz asked. Sophie didn't even know where to begin. She didn't even know that much but it felt like everything.

"Well, I talked to Keefe earlier, and he told me something pretty big." Everyone looked at her expectantly.

"Well, what is it?" Wylie said slowly.

"I have a twin sister and Keefe saw her in a cell in the Neverseen hideout." Sophie blurted.

Everyone's jaws dropped so fast that Sophie was shocked they didn't hit the floor.

Biana was the first one to regain her composure.

"What's her name?"

"Her name is Saylor, Keefe showed me his memory of her if you want me to project it."

They all nodded their heads eagerly. Sophie realized her mistake. The only memory of Saylor she has is what Keefe showed her, which is over her limp on the ground unconscious.

"Just as a warning, this is the only memory I have of her. She doesn't look great--

"Sophie, if she looks anything like you, I bet she looks fine," Dex said reassuringly.

"That's not it Dex, I mean she looks bad like not in good shape really hurt." She said slowly as she opened the memory log.

She had forgotten how bad Saylor actually looked. All of her friends' faces looked about the same. Their eyes were huge and they all got noticeably paler.

"What did they do to her?" Tam asked angrily.

Sophie turned to him surprised, that was the first time he had spoken.

"I don't know, but I called Forkle over and he's supposed to explain everything hopefully."

Then there was a knock on the door. They all turned and saw Alden in the doorway.

"He's here Sophie, We'll be downstairs when you all are ready."

Sophie was ready, or she thought she was. Why was she so nervous?

She swallowed the lump in her throat "Are y'all ready?"

They all nodded and followed her down to the living room where Grady and Edaline were sitting by a stressed Alden who was sitting across an even more stressed one.

When he saw Sophie he said, "You all might want to take a seat, we have much to discuss."

They all slowly found a seat and looked at waiting for him to explain everything.

He sighed "I did indeed create two Moonlarks. Sophie and Saylor. Everything went smoothly and Sophie's human mother birthed two healthy girls. They grew up together until they were about one. That was when the Neverseen decided to strike. Sophie and her sister Saylor were happily playing in their front yard while their father watched on. I was on my front porch watching as well."

Sophie looked like she wanted to say something.

"Please refrain from questions until I finish. I fear there will be many more than you have now by the time I'm done."

He looked at everyone until they nodded before continuing.

"As I was saying, the girls were playing in the yard when about 5 members of the Neverseen leaped into the yard. Each of them holds a melder.

I jumped from my porch and ran at them only to get hit from behind by a melder. They were expecting me. Sophie and Saylor's father ran to grab them; he was yelling for their mother.

He only managed to grab Sophie before they lunged for Saylor and leaped away before the cops could come. I was shocked. Just like that, they took one of my moonlarks.

Saylor was just like Sophie except with dark brown hair and cobalt blue eyes. Her eyes were amazingly bright, almost out of this world."

He seemed to stare into space for a moment before continuing with tears in his eyes.

"I tried tracking her, I did everything I could. She was gone. There was only one thing I could do, I erased Sophie's entire family's memory of Saylor and the day's events ."

Sophie gasped. "That's why I couldn't remember her? Why would you do that?"

Sophie had tears in her eyes, Grady and Alden looked furious, and Edaline and everyone else just looked pale.

took a deep breath "Sophie, how would I possibly explain random people leaping to your house and taking your sister and leaping back after hitting me and Saylor with a melder?" Sophie gasped.

"They hit Saylor?"

He nodded gravely "She started squirming and crying so they hit her once."

His eyes got dark. "It was more than enough to knock her out cold."

Sophie had tears streaming down her cheeks at this point. "How are we going to get her back?" He seemed to think about that for a second.

"To be honest I have no idea; until an hour ago I thought Saylor was dead." his voice broke.

Fitz stood up "We have to get her out of there as soon as possible. You've all seen the projection. She's been like that for 14 years. Whether we storm the whole hideout and take down the Neverseen or sneak her out without them knowing, I don't care. As long as we get her out."

Sophie was shocked at his outburst but was also grateful someone was as desperate as she was.

And at that, Forkle stood up as well. "Well, we don't have enough time to plan an ambush. She may have been there for 14 years already but according to what Keefe has said they seem to be doing more violent things to Saylor so let's get her out tonight."

That's when things got hectic.

A/N: HEHEHEHEHE