chapter 7

Havenfield was buzzing, and everyone was preparing to ambush the Neverseen Hideout. Keefe had told Sophie where it was located when they had first talked so it wouldn't be hard to teleport there. The problem would be getting Saylor out. Based on what Keefe told her, she can hardly move. Let's just hope they find an easy way to transport her out and to Elwin who'll be waiting at Everglen. Elwin had arrived a few minutes ago and they gave him the rundown and he basically went and brought the entire Healing Center to Everglen. Sophie was pacing her room. She had finished getting ready a few minutes ago but she couldn't go downstairs yet. What if they couldn't get her out? Sophie didn't want to lead her friends into a death trap. She needed to check with Keefe before they all went there.

"Keefe?"

"Foster! I have so much to tell you-"

"Wait a minute Keefe, I need to tell you something. We are going to storm the hideout."

"Woah woah woah-"

"Keefe quit interrupting, I don't have much time. I need you to think of the hideout so I can get a clear picture of it in my mind. We are going to teleport there so I need to know what the place looks like."

"Foster I don't know if this is a good idea. Saylor can give people abilities and they have been using her to their advantage."

Sophie shuddered. That was one of her worst nightmares when it came to her enhancing. She has always been terrified of the Neverseen getting her and using her like that.

"What did they do?" She asked slowly.

"They forced her to make a handful of them shades. They probably did more but if they did Saylor doesn't know about it. She's been drugged most of the time."

Sophie wasn't shocked about that. Back when she and Dex were kidnapped by the Neverseen, Sophie was drugged about 90 percent of the time.

"We are getting her out of there." She said determined

"Who are we?" Keefe asked

"Me, Fitz, Biana, Dex, Wylie, Alden, Grady, Edaline, and ."

"Okay, well here is the hideout." Keefe said as he imagined a picture of the entire thing from the outside."

"Thanks, Keefe, I need to go now-"

"Wait! I really do need to tell you something." Keefe said urgently

"What? Keefe we really need to get going."

"You are going to need a way to transport Saylor. She isn't in good shape. And I mean worse than the last time I saw her." Keefe said shakily.

"Okay, we will figure that out. Thank you, Keefe-"

"Sophie wants to know if you're ready." Sophie whirled around to face Lihn.

"Sorry Lihn, yeah I'll be down in a second."

"Keefe we have to go. I'll try to find you once we get there."

"Be safe Foster."

They headed down the stairs together and they all went outside to the cliff.

"Remember everyone. This is a highly dangerous mission. We get in, get Saylor, and get out. No trying to take out the entire Neverseen. We don't have enough planning for that."

Everyone nodded in agreement. As much as Sophie wanted to take down the Neverseen, she realized that they weren't prepared for that. As they all linked arms Sophie was ready to get her sister back no matter what. She could tell everyone else felt the same as they all leaped into the void.