Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ella's POV

At the moment I am outside playing with some children. Leo and Jaz said it would be good to go see some of the pack members, and they were somewhere near here, but I got distracted by some of the children. The pack house was the main part, but behind it a bit was a village type complex. It was clean, and well kept. My mate was a good alpha. He has his priorities in the right place.

"You're it!" A little girl giggled and ran from me. I laughed and chased them and caught a little boy and he was laughing. I laughed and set him down.

"You're it Timmy!" I said and jogged from him as he chased a few others. This went on for a while and I laughed when I got tagged by a boy who was so sad before, and didn't want to play, but now he was smiles and I huffed teasing them and caught another kid and they were all laughing and having fun.

I set the little girl down and she giggled and ran off to catch someone. I stood up and smiled at them. So innocent, and playful. How could anyone even think of taking that innocence and playfulness. It's wrong. I shook my head and watched them play and then I was taken down by all of them. I was laughing as they giggled and got off. 

It didn't hurt, it was funny though. I high fived a few and someone's shadow cast over me and when I looked up I saw Sebby himself. Kids giggled, and I looked at them.

"Go on. Go play. Stay close to the day care." I said and they nodded and ran off. I looked back up and he offered a hand. I hesitantly took it and sparks shot through me and once I was on my feet I let go of his hand slowly. Then dusted myself off.

"You're great with kids." He said smiling.

"Yeah..." I sighed and saw them playing tag still. Then looked back at him. He hadn't stopped looking at me, with love I think. Weird.

"So Mr.Alpha, why are you out here. Shouldn't you be doing your alpha duties." I said and he laughed and I swear I would love to hear that everyday. I made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Well Ms.Alpha if you need to know, I'm down here because I need to talk with you." And I tensed. Why do I feel as though I'm in trouble.

"O-Okay." I said and he gestured for me to walk. I did, and he walked beside me. He was silent for a bit and then finally spoke.

"I want to mark you." He said and I was shocked.