Chapter One: Warning! The Area Has Been Compromised

Roxy-Rox0

<TW> Possession, pain, social outcast, The Entity, pranks, death, dark,

<CW> angst, humour, pranks, fluff(?)

Whoa, a non Dsmp book? :0

The Being was an outcast, they'd never admit it, but it was true. All their life the Entity felt alone so they needed to find someone who would not leave them.

Well, more like make them not leave. The Entity would find someone worthy of their presence, and they wouldn't let their new family go once they had them.

✦ ✦||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ✦ ✦

  "Grian!" Scar shouted at the sky angrily—not actually— and with a laugh.

  Soaring above the clouds was the mischievous brunette in question. Grian stopped climbing higher and laughed at his land bound friend.

"Did you really think I would die without bringing you with me?" Grian called out to the ground.

Scar huffed, but he couldn't wipe the grin off his face. Scar had been trying to prank Grian while he was AFK, but Grian had never been AFK, and he "logged on" sooner than Scar assumed he would and had scared Scar. They both ended up dying from the prank. Grian flew up afterwards and retrieved his things while Scar mourned the failed prank and Grian laughed.

  Grian flew off, leaving Scar to retrieve his things. The brunette landed in his base, still giggling to himself about what happened. He checked who was online and found that his moustached neighbour wasn't around yet.

  A thud and bang was heard from a nearby cave and Grian perked his head up.

  "Hello? Etho? We're meeting later, not now," Grian stated, entering the cave by his base.

  The cave was darker than usual, all of the torches that Xisuma had helped Grian place were either gone or dimmed. Grian cocked his head to the side and his wings fluffed up anxiously behind him.

  "Is someone there?" Grian called out to the darkness. He immediately internally cringed at the classic horror movie line, but he produced a purple light so he could see.

  Grian made a mental note to never tell anyone about his earlier movie line.

  The winged menace quickly checked his inventory for torches, or sticks and coal to make them—he only had sticks. So that was a no go for Grian, he sighed and looked around at the dark and dim around him. He could barely see the rough patches in the smooth stone against his soft purple light.

  Grian's wings fluttered and Grian turned, he could've sworn he heard a sound. Footsteps? The drip of a stalactite? The crackle from the left over dim torches? No, it wasn't footsteps. But it sounded like soft thuds? Wasn't Grian alone in the dark? The ominous dark... it couldn't be natural.

Grian inhaled and exhaled to comfort himself before walking through the dark, at this point he wasn't sure if he was going deeper or out of the cave. Oh well. He would know when there was the light of the sun, of when there wasn't.

The soft thuds again.

This time they sounded closer, and behind him. Grian turned and saw.. green. He yelped and his wings fluttered and pushed him back away from the Green. Grian looked up and saw a slightly shrouded face, their hair and clothes were green. Grian immediately got an uneasy feeling just seeing the tall figure in front of him.

The green being brought down the black scarf around their neck and mouth a bit and smiled at Grian. Their eyes were a bright green, and sinister looking. Grian tensed and his eyes darkened. He warily looked up at him before asking a simple question.

"What are you?" Grian asked the creature.

The creature let the black scarf cover its mouth again, before answering, much to Grian's dismay.

"That doesn't concern you," the creature responded in an eerily tuneful voice. Its voice was oddly calming, entrancing. But Grian knew better after his time with the Watchers, so he didn't let its voice get to him.

Grian got more uneasy, but he stood his ground. "It does when you're not supposed to be here." The edge to his voice just barely avoided being detected.

The creature let his scarf fall slightly again, revealing a green tongue as he spoke, and a stern expression.

"You know what? You'll have to do." The creature spoke, mostly to itself, but not so quiet as to make sure Grian didn't hear.

Grian's wings twitched and Grian took a small step back, his head was starting to hurt, and his mind was foggy.

"What are-!?" Grian started, the panic finally reaching his voice. He stumbled slightly and his wings twitched again. The Entity smiled to themself as they saw the green seeping into Grian's dark eyes.

  "You're mine now." The Entity vowed.

  Grian felt so strange, almost as he did when he first became a watcher.. but this was different. He saw himself, Grian felt so weak, but his body had uprooted itself, and was now standing. Grian cocked his head.

  How can I see my body like that?

  Grian's body flexed his wings slightly, the feathers losing their colour. No, they weren't losing their colour, they were turning green. Grian stared weakly and bemusedly.

  How?

  Grian's body crossed his arms and looked at where the real Grian was for a second, Grian didn't like the sight. It didn't help that Grian was obviously no longer connected with his own body. But, it also didn't help that his body's eyes had now changed to a green not unlike the Entity's eyes. Grian couldn't believe the colour changes to his eyes and wings.

  Grian's body turned back to the Being and a sinister looking smile formed on Grian's mouth.

  Grian didn't like his body doing that at all.

  But he couldn't do anything, somehow Grian was so tired, despite just seeming to be an astral projection or in his body's mind.

  So Grian didn't, couldn't, wouldn't do anything now. Instead he collapsed. Or at least the closest thing he could do to collapsing. His eyes drooped and he winced when tight thin green strings wrapped around him.

1018 words