Chapter Seven: Lost Another One

<TW> possession, burns, explosions, betrayal, fear, fake emotions

<CW> angst, pain, guilt

[MAIN PLOT BY Roxy-Rox0 ]

The someone walked into their room and was met with the sight of green—the Entity. They took a deep breath before speaking, "You called?" They asked. The Being nodded slightly.

"I need you to fetch me 'Doc,' we'll meet at [REDACTED]." The Being told the other person. They stared at the Entity for a moment before looking down and bowing respectfully, "Understood."

✦✦ ᓭ╎ᒲ!¡ꖎ||, ✦✦

The grey clothed person found Doc researching in Cub's temporary lab that connected to Xisuma's base, Cub and Gem had gone to collect materials in the Nether and Iskall was with Xisuma down in the library. They approached the cyborg and smiled at him, "Hey Doc!" They said cheerily.

Doc turned to look down at the person, "Oh geez, don't sneak up on me like that [REDACTED]." The german chuckled and closed his book, giving his full attention to the person in grey. "Do you need something?" Doc questioned.

The person's face fell for a second, knowing what they were going to do, but they put on a smile anyway, "I found something, thought you would know what it was. I don't know how to explain it, so it's better if I just show it to you." The someone said with a shaky confidence.

Doc smiled at him, slightly smug and happy to spend time with the shorter hermit, and said, "Lead the way then."

✦ ✦ ∴𝙹∷ꖌ ✦ ✦

  A narrow path wound through a forest area, the thin trees close together and their leaves letting the sunlight seep through to illuminate the ground and surrounding areas and path.

  The person led Doc down the path and stopped in a nicely lit area where a few trees had been cut down. They looked down guiltily, tears welling up behind one of their eyes again.
  Doc looked around in awe at the rays of sunlight and the bright leaves.

  "How come I never knew of this place?" Doc asked, "It's such a pretty forest." A flash of green appeared in front of the person in grey, not the leaves, but a figure. Doc noticed the sudden addition to the path and he tensed. The someone took a shaky breath and bowed before the Entity.

  "I got him, like you asked," they told the Being. Doc looked uncomfortably to his friend, frustration and a sense of betrayal starting to bubble up in his chest.
  "What?.." Doc said softly, his voice rose, "You brought me here because of that thing?"

  "Kind of rude y'know, I'm standing right here," the Entity pointed out, not actually feeling much hurt. Just a smugness that they had "someone on the inside" to help them. The person in grey couldn't stand to see the process, so they quickly left, walking off the path and into the forest to lose themselves for a while. Not bothering to ask the Being if they could leave.

  Doc tilted his head slightly up and stared at the green entity in front of him. A sharp pain shot through his head, a strange headache that felt like a brick had been dropped on his head. Strange whispers nagging his mind. His legs nearly gave way under his suddenly heavy partial metal frame— as if they couldn't carry the weight of himself anymore—but he remained on his feet. Oily tears pushed their way out of Doc's eyes, and in a burst of anger Doc tried to explode the Being.

  The Entity, having learnt its lesson from Zedaph, however, brought Grian in front of themself. Grian took the blow from the explosion and Doc looked guilty for a second, before one of his robotic eyes turned green and the guilt faded to shock. Grian looked at his horned friend with an equally shocked look on his face, one of his eyes returning to their original dark colour.

  The Being quickly grabbed Grian's hair and pulled him to the ground, causing tears to sprout in the winged hermit's eyes because of the pain. His wings fluttered in response. "Stop trying to escape!" They demanded as Grian's eyes turned fully lime green again and Doc fell to one knee and his eyes turned green as well. The Being left the sun illuminated path soon after—leaving Doc and Grian behind.

  They were both sitting on their knees, and Grian frowned, looking at the grass. He glanced up at the newly possessed hermit and his expression darkened. Doc's expression remained unchanged and Grian glanced away. He didn't want to look at Doc.

  Either because he didn't want to see his friend like that, or because Doc's hand had caused an explosion in his face.

  Neither knew.

AHH ITS SHORT

793 words