Conflict upon the two

One night the new king died peacefully in his sleep.
His son was throned the same day as his funeral, this made some of the people to dislike him, as funerals where deemed sacred and only done on the night of the full moon.
This new king wanted to expand to the "edge of the world" which people said it was impossible.
He demanded a construction of a structure that would help him cross the sea, which was the invention of the boat.
He sent settlers with the excuse of over population, and the settlers soon reached the Po river which some tried to sail across, which failed in disaster.
Some sailed and settled on Sicily.
The king demanded to build a bridge across Po river, which took many years, though the people stopped at the Alps, but some where ordered to cross them, some froze to death, others fell and caught themselves, and made the decision if they wanted to starve or die quickly, some where killed by other people for clothes and food.
Then the king ordered a ship to go around the Alps which was surprisingly successful, he put a friend in charge of the villages across the Alps, who swore on a full moon to never betray him.
The king also took all of Corsica.
The kings ambitions didn't cool down and he sent princes with settlers to settle along the coastline of the Adriatic Sea.

This tail that Asmya has made for itself felt apart from the kings rule, as though they where there own nation, so they announced that there are two nations one called Asmya and Striag Plen meaning (future) in Asmyan.
This made the king of Asmya frustrated as he didn't expect this sort of thing to be possible, so he declared war on Striag Plen trying to get there land back.