Chapter 2

When I opened my eyes I was in a dark room, the night sky being the only thing that illuminated the room.

There were desks scattered with paperwork and other objects around the room, with the occasional potted plant and bookshelf. I glanced around the area, confused on where I was.

Okay Ali, calm down. At worst I'll be somewhere I don't know about... And could potentially die in. 

I turned to face the window, it was close to nighttime and I was in a somewhat urban area. There weren't that many people outside and other then the occasional cars driving by, it was a relatively abandoned place.

I opened the window and jumped out of it, and landed on my feet. I looked at my body then looked in my purse. I had my forensics kit, makeup, necklace, cellphone, first-aid kid, emergency food, emergency water, picture of my bbg Wanderer from Genshin Impact, emergency change of clothes, wallet, emergency box of pudding, headphones, laptop, and my 12 pack box of masks.

"Looks like everything is here..." I muttered as I walked down the street. 

As I was walking I wondered what happened to my bank account. There was a fair bit of money in there, if it all got taken away then I was screwed.

After going in circles for a while I finally found an ATM and checked my balance. Luckily I had all my cash with me.

"Looks like they were nice enough to transfer all my currency!" I hummed. I really hoped that they also handled the possible consequences and suspicion people might have about a bank account randomly appeared overnight.

I opened up my phone to see a message. The message read:

Hello Ali! We hope that you'll enjoy your stay at your new world. If you are concerned about any suspicion people will have about your new identity no need to worry! We've replicated your past, and have substituted some of the places you've been with their closest counterparts in this world. Sadly, for story purposes the medical school you attended is no longer in service, so we decided to do you a favor and give you your doctor degree early!

I smiled at the message and thanked whatever God controlled the afterlife for letting me graduate medical school at the younger tender age of 20.

...

I investigated the town a little more before somehow arriving at a somewhat shifty place. I heard the unsettling noise of something getting destroyed.

Why do I always end up in these situations?

I followed the noise and saw a huge white tiger and a man in a tan coat fighting. The man skillfully avoided the tigers attacks and when he got backed into a corner I held my breath. Then the man touched the tiger and the tiger somehow became a human.

Isn't this the first episode of the anime? That's Dazai, and that's Atsushi...

While I peeked from the corner, a group of extremely pretty people went into the warehouse to check on Atsushi. I recognized them as the main cast of the series. 

That's Yosano, Ranpo, and Kunikida... And who's the blonde kid?

The group talked for a bit before Ranpo pointed in my general direction "Is that person also involved in this?"

I flinched and slowly came out of my hiding place. "Erm- I... You caught me?" I said sheepishly. Quickly raising both my hands "Before you jump to any conclusions... I'm just a normal citizen here who just so happened to witness... Whatever just happened."

Ranpo looked at me carefully "Are you homeless?" I grunted and clenched my heart "I- I'm not!"

Wait... Since my med-school doesn't exist anymore... My dorm also doesn't exist... So by that definition aren't I homeless?

"O-okay, maybe I am homeless... But I'm sure I'll find a house soon!" I said trying to back away slowly.

Dazai quickly approached me and got on one knee "Would this beautiful lady like to commit a double suicide with me?" he asked gently holding my hand.

I flinched before quickly shaking my head "It's quite late so I'll... Be going now..." I was trying to inch away before Kunikida grabbed me. "Look, you're homeless. And I doubt you have any plans to go anywhere."

"And the city can be dangerous at night. So it's best if a young lady like you doesn't wander around foolishly." He mentioned

If I decline his offer that'll be really suspicious, and he's partially right... I don't really have a plan.

"Well, if you insist..." I said quietly. 

Dazai looked at me "She can stay with me for the night!" He said happily, I flinched uncomfortably at the suggestion. "No thank you, I would really prefer not..."

Dazai let out a sigh "Shame, I really would've liked if a pretty lady like you could've graced me with your presence..."

I quickly shook my head "I'd much rather prefer a spare room... If you have any."

Kunikida nodded and then quickly looked at Dazai like he was a piece of trash. Then he focused his attention on me. "We do have a spare room."

"Thank you. If you don't mind I can always pay for the boarding fees..." I offered.

Kunikida nodded "That would be appreciated."

...

Yosano gave me a quick tour around the small room. There wasn't much, a small kitchen close to the entrance, a closet in the corner of the room, a bathroom right across the closet, and a futon in the center of the room.

I slightly bowed at Yosano "Thank you for the hospitality, I'll make sure to wire the money by tomorrow." Yosano smiled "It's the Armed Detectives Agency's Job to help those in need!" She told me.

I smiled and waved goodbye to her as she left the room. When she left I opened my bag and pulled out my emergency pajamas, then I pulled out my night care kit.

I brushed my teeth and applied some facial products, then I took a shower and switched into my pajamas. After that I poured myself a glass of warm water and took my sleeping pill.

What a day... I died, got roped into this weird agency thing... What's gonna happen next?