Hime & Kaspu

The story of the silver ring... (Story happens shortly after Kaspu comes back from dealing with the rebellion)

...

Hime cautiously opened the door to Kaspu's room, seeing how Kaspu was curled on the ground, surrounded by silk sheets covering her body.

"Hey Kaspu... It's been a while, good to see you back." Hime muttered, taking in the dark room and the broken furniture splayed across the floor.

Kaspu's voice, raw from crying for days on end echoed through the silent room. "Hime... I don't deserve to live..." She cried, sounding like she was on the verge of tears once again.

Taking a deep breath, Hime stepped forward and closed the door behind her, the latch of the door closing behind her. 

She stared into Kaspu's empty eyes, which were slightly puffy from the days spent crying alone in her room.

Taking Kaspu's hand, Hime gently pulled Kaspu up from the ground, pulling off the blankets that were draped across her shoulders, noticing the blood stains on the blanket, and the box cutter on the ground.

Kaspu leaned into Himes arms, pressing her eyes against Hime's blouse.

"I... I killed them all, I heard their screams, their screams for help, screams for mercy, screams for their families... Their blood was everywhere... And I caused it all, I killed them all..." Kaspu whispered, tightly holding Hime's arms.

Kaspu looked up to Hime desperately. "You agree right? I don't deserve to live, I'm a demon, I can't be loved, and I don't deserve to be happy." Kaspu said, almost as if she was begging Hime to think of her as a monster, to hate her.

Hime didn't know what to do. This wasn't the Kaspu that would greet her with a smile, the Kaspu that'd adorably pout whenever they lost a game, the Kaspu who was the only other person their brother got along with,  the Kaspu who'd drift off to sleep on their shoulder.

The Kaspu that she loved.

This was something else, a husk of the person she once was, something that wanted to pay for the blood on their hands with their own life.

Despite being afraid, Hime gulped down her fears and clenched her fist, if she wasn't here for Kaspu at her lowest, how could she ask Kaspu to spend the rest of her life with her?

"I won't pretend to know what you've gone through, and I won't pretend that I can fully help you, but I can be with you, and comfort you when you're down."Hime said, tightening her hug with Kaspu, as she rhythmically patted her back.

Kaspu gripped onto the back of Hime's shirt as she cried, cried for the people that she killed, cried for forgiveness, cried because she didn't deserve Hime.

After Kaspu's cries quieted, and both of the girls breathing were the only things that filled the room, Hime pulled away from their embrace, reaching into her dress pocket to pull out a small box.

I was planning on giving this to her later but... She needs it now.

Hime get onto one knee and held the bow out to Kaspu. "When I'm not there... Keep this and pretend it's me, that I'm right there and guiding you." She opened the box, revealing a small silver ring.

Hime gently took Kaspu's left hand and slipped the ring onto her ring finger. Kaspu couldn't help but notice a matching ring on Hime's hand.

After she put the ring onto Kaspu's finger, Hime leaned down and put her lips onto Kaspu's hand.

"Because I will never leave you, not until death does us part." Hime said, standing up and smiling to Kaspu.

Kaspu wrapped her arms around Hime's neck as she hugged her tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." She repeated, desperately clinging to this moment of happiness.

...