Chapter 9

3rd Person POV:

Ali woke up and quickly got up, analyzing her surroundings. She gently touched her forehead, and felt some dried up blood. Then she looked down to the ground, there was some blood and a jet black feather lying there.

Ah. So that's what happened.

Then she looked towards Atsushi, he was on the floor with blood staining his shirt. Ali gingerly reached towards him and gently flipped him to his back, she held her hand to his nose and felt some light breathing. 

She inspected his stomach, noticing that the bleeding had stopped. She lightly shook him, but Atsushi wasn't waking up.

Looks like he won't wake up anytime soon... Now, where are we?

She stood up and then put her ear to the wall of the container they were currently in. Feeling the soft yet constant vibrations, which indicated that they were still in the truck Akutagawa had put them into.

Knowing the mafia, they probably have some people set around here. If I'm too careless, we'll probably just get captured again and then be put on greater security. And Kyouka... We need to save her. We need to show how we're willing, and able to stand against the Port Mafia. To show her that there's no need to fear us getting hurt because of her.

Ali leaned away from the wall. Contemplating her choices, she could either escape with both her and Atsushi, or she could just allow herself to be caught.

Both plans had their faults and their bonuses. If they escaped, then the Port Mafia would be hunting them more then ever, and Kyouka... Kyouka would keep on falling into the dark pit of the mafia. If they stayed, there was a high chance that they'd end up dying, but there was also a slim chance that they could escape the area they were put in and then rescue Kyouka.

If only I had watched more of the anime... Then I could be sure that we'd be safe!

Ali stood in silence as the truck bumped along the road. Which choice would be best? Which choice would best guarantee their survival and Kyouka's happiness?

I can't escape by myself, I need to protect Atsushi. And even if I didn't care about him... The Port Mafia would become suspicious about me. How could a normal civilian who had no history of combat knowledge escape the Port Mafia? 

 After all, I'm. Just. A. Normal. Civilian. 

At best I can help the Agency figure out where we are... Should I summon someone? I need someone who can teleport... And who'll follow my orders.

The movements of the truck accompanied Ali's thoughts. She couldn't have anyone too loud, or anyone who's ability's were too flashy, or anyone who would potentially disobey her.

Finally Ali decided on a somewhat decent character to summon "In my own little world: Lilith" 

Ali clasped her hands together hoping that the training she did would pay off.

...

A couple weeks ago:

Dazai looked at Ali and the pile of grey goo that was in front of her. She had tried summoning her characters instead of becoming them, but so far nothing was really working.

Whenever she tried to summon them, they would momentarily appear, before quickly melting and dripping to the floor.

Ali winced at the goo on the floor "I hope that they aren't hurt in their world..." She muttered.