one

|Serena's pov|

I simply couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe the words I was hearing out of my best friend's mouth. "I think I love you, Serena". Marco's voice spoke. I think that might have been my worst nightmare EVER since I immediately woke up from that dream.

What in the name on the name of loving hell just happened? Why was I dreaming about that dork? Yes, that was a bit harsh, okay? I'll admit that part. But, Marco has been my best friend since I came to Collodi.

I woke up, disgusted, terrified, and wondering if the world was ending.  "Ew". I say a loud to myself.  I rubbed my tired eyes. I leaned over to check the time. My cracked phone screen read 3:40 am. Ugh. Seriously? I have school in a few hours and have to get up later.

Special thanks to Marco for waking me up.

|Niccolo's pov|

My eyes were glued to the ceiling. Just staring at a black darkness. It's was 3.40 am. Why was I awake at this hour? I had a late night house guest by my side. I also failed to mention that I'm at Chiara's.

Yes, I mean Chiara as in Camilla's best friend. And if Camilla found out, I am as good as dead. She was asleep beside me. She would have to get up in an hour or so, she has track practice and that means I would have to leave quietly.

Of course her parents didn't know. Why would they be informed that one of their friend's kids is sleeping with their daughter while he had a girlfriend? The fact that the both of our families were acquainted made it slightly difficult. A thought of having to see that absolute bitch Serena in a couple of hours at that trash bag of a school didn't help me sleep.

She was stupidly obnoxious but could pull any guy she wanted. But, I'm not going to admit that aloud.

The ceiling suddenly never looked more interesting.

|Serena's pov|

If I was awake at this hour, might as well be productive, right? I accepted the fact that I was awake for good, so I turned on the light. Might as well do the mathematics assignment I promised myself I would do, but never actually did it because I simply convinced myself I could wait a day when in actuality, it was due today.

I groan at the sight of seeing those familiar numbers. I wasn't great at math, or anything really. Well, my teachers couldn't disagree more with that statement. They always told me I had an issue with confidence. That "I need to bring it up because I'm good at academics and I don't give myself enough credit". That's what they said at the least parent teacher meeting.

The soft lead of the pencil broke. I examined the dark hole in my paper. It was too damn early for this. I yawned, but couldn't sleep and I knew that. So, if anyone asks me what I did this morning, I did my math homework at three in the morning.

Dawn finally came- the time I was actually supposed to wake up. I walked to my bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. I had dark bags under my eyes. Of fucking course. Another thing for that hag Niccolo to bother me about.

A little concealer would never fail me, right?

|Niccolo's pov |

I was walking down the dark hallways of Chiara's house, a path I was familiar with since the summer. I shut the door behind me and took my car that was parked at the side of her house. I drove back home, and slipped inside.

And to my horror, Camilla was sitting at the table. "Hi Cami.." I trail. I could feel my heart thundering in my chest.  "What are you doing this early?" She spat, staring me down.  "I was just uh - taking a run". I lie, praying she would drop it .

"And would that running be the trail next to Virgina's house?" Camilla shot. "Uh, yeah". I lie, knowing it would be better if she was under the impression that I'm with my girlfriend, not her best friend. She rolled her eyes.

I walked past her, and went to my room.  I took my uniform and went to the bathroom to shower.  The hot water flooded my skin.  The exhaustion hit me. I fought the urge to fall asleep on the spot. I exited the shower and glanced at the mirror.

Through my wet messy hair, laid dark eye bags. Yet another thing for Serena to pick on me for. Fuck her anyway..

I put on my uniform and colmbed my hair. I took my bag and walked out the door with Cami.

|Serena's pov|
I was exhausted, but fought it as I stepped into a freezing cold shower.  The cold water prickled against my skin. I certainly was awake. I stepped out, and looked in the mirror. My dark and wet hair exposed two dark eye bags under my eyes.

Time for concealer.

I got into my uniform and used some concealer under my eyes. I tapped it in with my finger and then took my bag and left.