eleven

TW! MENTIONS OF R@PE

|Niccolo|

Her face darkened. "Oh." She replied quietly. She knew we would inevitably have to talk about it. I mean, I stepped in even though it was too late. "I'm sorry I didn't step in that night". I say, seeing her glossy eyes.

"You stepped in." She tries, biting her lip to prevent tears. "Not soon enough." "If you came in five minutes earlier it still would have affected me." She says, unwilling to let me take the blame for her trauma.

"If I stepped in his place and you went into that room with me, you wouldn't have walked out like this. You would've been okay". I say, my throat burning. She looks down. She knew I was right. She knew that if I wasn't an arrogant prick she would've been okay.

"It doesn't matter. What happened can't be erased and we all will have to live with it". She says shortly, looking away and wiping her eyes not so discretely.

"That night- Marco told me he loved you. He told me that he loved you as the person he needed in his life - not romantically but in every other way possible. Marco and I aren't close anymore, but I know enough about him to tell you that he's gonna be around for a long time. Long time for you. He'll give you every peice of him if you ask for it, and I hope you know that.

I also hope you know that although we've had our rivalry, that if you need me I'll be there. I'll answer on the first ring." I say slowly, seeing her eyes filled with warmth and comfort. "Okay." She answered quietly.

"I think that you and I shouldn't be like this anymore." She blurts. My eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean by that?" I ask, a little weakened at the sight of her face. Her cheekbones and jawline along with her collarbone was contoured by the darkness and the moonlight.

"Our rivalry. It isn't healthy. I'm not staying we need to be friends or anything but we could be strangers. If that's easier with Virginia and Brando and all"... She trails, not sounding so convincing. Did she want us to be friends?

"Do you want us to be strangers?" I ask, realizing that I didn't really want that. "Virgina hates my guts because of our rivalry. I thought we've never been able to really have a good relationship as general humans". She says, looking up at me.

"I guess so. I guess I'll see you later, stranger". I say, my throat scratchy. She nods. I had only noticed that we were close. I could feel her warm breath on my skin and I wanted to move closer. Obviously that wasn't much of an option, but I wanted to show Marco that he isn't the only one who gets to try those lips of hers.

|Serena |

We were close. Very close. One more inch and we would have been kissing. My feelings surprised me. I always thought I would be happy erasing him from my life but right now I'm feeling quite the opposite. I found him leaning closer and closer....

And yeah. His lips brushed mine, a half kiss. Was he waiting for me to close the centimeters between us? I mean our lips were touching. That's technically kissing.

He slightly kissed me, almost like he was hesitant. He leaned back. I looked at him confused. "It's nothing". He whispered, before walking away. I stood there, in the moonlight, confused. He just half kissed me.

I walked back to Marco  and told him all about it on the way home. "