two

|Niccolo|

I drove to school with Camilla, who was still highly tense from this morning. I pulled up to school, all but silence from Camilla. Virgina came behind me the moment I exited my car. "Cara mia". I whisper, seeing her eyes full of desire. I knew what she wanted.

"Let's go somewhere else". She whispered. I knew what she was insinuating and I wasn't complaining... It'll make the gaping whole in my stomach from what I did last night disappear. She whisked me away to our usual place.

|Serena|

I pulled up to the school and walked to the entrance, where Marco was waiting for me, a cigarette in hand. He saw my miserable face. I instantly felt weird inside, I mean, I literally dreamed of him telling me he loved me. Gross.

"You seem miserable". He says. "Un pò". ( a little) I reply, exhausted. "Even under your concealer I can still see your bags". Marco says, earning a small slap on the shoulder. "Niccolo's gonna chew you out about that". He warns. "Thank you Captain obvious". I reply, as he passed the cigarette he was holding.

"And you're angry too". He states, earning an eye roll. "Let's go to class. Maybe we'll avoid Niccolo if we go now". I say, putting out the cigarette.

"I was gonna finish that y'know". Marco says, as I take his arm and drag him inside. "Well then give it mouth to mouth". I sarcastically spat, feeling the exhaustion.

We walked through the halls, and if course. Niccolo and his stupid ass friends were there, by my locker, ready for me to retaliate. "Move over, curls". I say to Brando, who was standing in the way of my locker. "Someone's panties are in a twist". Brando sneered. "I think the only thing that will be left twisted is your nose if you don't move". I say, seeing Marco hold back a laugh.

"Somebody didn't get their beauty sleep last night ". Niccolo spat, pointing at my poorly covered dark circles. "I could say the same for you". I shot. "I'll lend you my book for math. Let's just go". Marco says, knowing that I would kill all of them.

"And Marco is saving the day again". Brando shot, seeing my angered face. "One more word curls, one more word!" I spat, suddenly stepping closer to him. Marco grabbed my shoulders and pulled me backwards to him.

"C'mon". Marco says, pulling me away from them. I huffed. "I hate them. I really do". I say, trying to contain my anger. "That makes two of us. But hey, you weren't the only one with dark circles under your eyes. Mr. Perfect also had them". Marco says, knowing that I was gonna ask him if mine were noticable.

|Niccolo|

I watched as the brunette girl walked away with her best friend. I'd really gotten to her and I loved that. The anger in her eyes always makes me forget my own personal misery. Virginia kept pulling herself closer to me as Brando went on about the encounter with Serena.

"She's honestly just mad that no one's been with her yet. Her standards are waaaaay to impossible for anyone to even get a chance. Like, and no wonder why's she a grump. She walks around all high and mighty and then she gets pissed when we bring up her status." Brando rants, earning nods of agreements from everyone in the circle.

"And that stupid guy that follows her around like he's in her league. Honestly, they're both pathetic". I say, thinking of Serena and Marco. Marco clearly had something for her, and something in me hated that. I shrugged it off.

The bell rang for class. "I should get going. Gotta let Serena know she's gonna fail the quiz in history today ". I excuse, as I pried Virgina's hand off my arm and walked off. I walked to class, and stopped at Serena's desk.

"Good luck on the test today, Serena. I heard it was rather difficult for those who are virgins ".  I whisper next to her.  Her face turned annoyed and angered.  Her perfect brows furrowed and her jawline sharpened, and her nose scrunched.

"Who said I was ever a virgin". She whispered back slyly. I was completely taken aback by this. "What?" I say, a little too surprised. She smirked, and just then, the teacher came behind me. "I expect you are going to be seated now?" The teacher says. "Oh-uh-..." I try to start, but then the teacher forced me into a desk next to Damiano.

The entire time I couldn't stop thinking about what she had said. Did Marco do it? That stupid guy.....

|Serena|

I had got him good. His face was so taken aback. I laughed to myself. I bit my lip to conceal a smile forming on my lips. His blue eyes were so wide. His  dark circles were very noticable at that moment when the color drained from his face.

This. This made my entire life worthwhile. This moment in time. I breezed through the test within the first ten minutes of class. It was just stupidly worded. I flipped my hair to one side and pulled out a book from my bag to read.

|Niccolo|

I had noticed she breezed through that test. Like it was two pages of a book. Her jawline remained sharp, her God perfect side profile was something that was in my direct line of sight.

The way she had her hair didn't help that either. Stupid girl. I hope she fails.

|Serena|

I caught him staring at me. Was he trying to pick out which mole or imperfection on my face that was too distracting for him? His near perfect lips were open slightly, as he concentrated on this test. His brows furrowed and his cheekbones weren't hurt by the shadow of the room. Why was all of this going through me? I hope he fails.