eight

|Niccolo|

She left with that idiot. I glared at Brando. "Why the hell would you do that?!" I blare. "Aren't you happy that I pissed her off? Or would you have liked to do the honors?" Brando snapped.

"You had no right to talk about that night! How the fuck do you know about that!" I yell a little too loudly. Virgina looks at me puzzled, as if to why I am defending Serena, and what I was referring to as 'that night'.

"Do you really want to explain this right now? In front of everyone?" Brando tries, glancing at Virginia when he said 'everyone'. I bit my lip to prevent finishing the job Marco started on him.

The anger kept bubbling up as Brando kept talking, ignoring what had just happened. "I need some air". I excuse, pulling my hand out of Virgina's hand. Her hand traced my arm as I walked away.

|Serena|

I had never seen Marco so angry. His eyes were full of fury. "I need air".  I say, the tension at the table we were sitting at thick. "Don't look at Brando. I'll be back in 5." I add, standing up and brushing a thread off his shoulder.

"Fine". He muttered angirly. I kissed his cheek and walked off. He was livid. I walked theiught the crowds, and found the door to the backyard. There was a pool, and a garden. I saw a cloud of cigarette smoke and I followed it.

There was the blonde haired boy who I'd formerly knew as my enemy, standing against the wall, dragging his cigarette. Instead of turning around, I found myself walking to him.

His eyes gleamed in the moonlight. They were eager and confused. "Hi." I quietly say, taking a cigarette from the pack, which he offered me. I lit it. "I don't know how he knew. I'm sorry, Serena ". He says, looking over at me.

"It's okay." I say quietly. "He's not going to get away with that ". Niccolo assures, fury in his voice. Why did he care? Why isn't he dropping it?

"Brando doesn't get consequences for shit ". I correct, puffing some smoke. Niccolo reached over and took out my cigarette. "What the fuck?" I ask, confused.

"It's not good for you." "Well you're doing it". "You're too beautiful for it". He blurts, taking me aback. "I'm sorry what?" I say. "You heard me". He says, glancing at the water. "Marco's probably gonna tear Brandos throat out if I don't get inside." I say, turning to leave.

Niccolo grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to his lips. I couldn't even question it. Why did I want to stay there? "What is this?" I say, finally finding words. "Nothing ". He says, slightly inching away. "Okay". I whisper, stepping back and walking away.

Was he about to kiss me?

|Niccolo|

I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep it cool when I saw her come out and smoke. She walked away, the red dress she wore being swallowed by the darkness.

I confused the hell out of her, and the hell out of myself. What was it thinking? Was I gonna kiss her? Thank God I didn't. That would have been bad.

I just felt sorry that Brando found out about that night and felt the need to bring it up...

And maybe because she was about to go back to Marco and I wanted her thinking about someone else when she was with him.