thirteen

|Niccolo|

I woke up that morning, defeat filling my mind. I knew that it would be difficult for me to get Chiara back, but I just wanted her.

Serena. My mind spoke. No. I don't want her. But last night.. she didn't pull away. Shut up! I don't want anything to do with her. She's with that Marco guy.

For now.

|Serena|

Marco and I walked out of my house, grabbing an apple on the way. "How worth it do you think it would be if I were to skip philosophy today?" Marco muttered, as he drove through a stop sign.

"Gay secretary of Dior needs to make glasses that help him see the stop signs and maybe not get us arrested". I spat.

"Well gay secretary of Dior is a bad bitch soo".. He trails, leaving me to laugh. I made sure he stopped at the next stop sign.

|Niccolo|
  I was stuck behind this car that ran a red light. Some immaturity. I saw through the car's passenger seat side window. Her brown hair and glistening eyes, shades of amber and green. How in the world of hell does she trust him to drive her around?

I hated how he drove through that light with her.  Her safety is more important than anything. And he's just gonna risk that?

I pulled up to school, just as they did. The two of them laughing. Having a great time. Like last night never happened.

Because it didn't. It was nothing.

|Serena|

He looked at me like nothing happened. Like last night was nothing but a dissolving memory. Because nothing happened I guess.

Marco took my arm as we walked into school. We passed by Niccolo and Virginia, chattering and sneering about us. When I passed by, it was almost slow motion.

His eyes were glued. I couldn't shake off this feeling. Not tension....

He was probably drunk and he does this shit all the time.

Yeah. All the time.

He's a player.

A stupid player.

Why did my lips have to be touched by his?

Of all people.

HIM.

He's just saying it's nothing I bet.
Or that he got the bitch Serena to kiss him.
Whatever it is,  I'm certain it wasn't good intentions.

Marco walked me to class, and sat next to me.

|Niccolo|

The way he sat so close to her.
I would've thought they were dating.
But nope. Close friends.
Just date already for fucks sake.

Actually no.
Don't date her.
Please.
Fucking please.
I like knowing her availability.
It brought me a comfort.

I was cool, until I wasn't.
He out his hand on her knee and that's when it happened.
I stood up and approached them.

|Serena|

Niccolo approached us.
Like he was angry or something.
What got him so mad?
He glared at Marco.
"Dating yet, virgins?" He spat.
I was not in the mood for this.
Especially after last night.
The way he just used it like nothing.
It was nothing.
Right?

"Lay off, asshole". I spat, taking Marco's hand as I felt his fist ball up. "So.. situationship or.." "Hm.. I don't know. Maybe since Marco and I kissed last night we are". I spat, seeing how he hated the thought of Marco and I.
I was never sure why, but I loved pissing him off.

Marco stood up calmly. "You aren't even right for her! The way you drive! You aren't even concerned for her safety! You treat her like she's just your friend!" Niccolo shot, getting closer to him.

Where was all of this coming from?

Marco's eyes widened.
"Excuse me? You kiss her and act like it was nothing! Your treat her like shit and then act like you have something for her! What is your issue, man?!" Marco retaliates, eyes full of confusion and fury.

"Guys, shut up!" I say, noticing as the teacher walked in the room. "He's clearly in love with you or something so just go for it!" Niccolo says, looking over at me, completely ignoring my warning. "No he isn't! You treat me like shit and then act like nothing happened! I'm so done! We're enemies, right? Let's go back to how it went!" I explode.

Long story short, it was all three of us in detention that morning.

"Thanks a lot, Rossi". Marco muttered angirly, as he took a seat next to me in the dention classroom. "You're not right for her". Niccolo states, sitting on the other side of me.

I was getting fed up. I was in his stupid game. Pretend you love her and then cheat. I'm just a pawn in his game. A game that I will sure as hell not play with him. He already half kissed me. I was halfway in his game. And he sure as hell was not getting anything else from me.

A part of me stung. It wasn't real. The intentions weren't real.
He didn't want me.
And I didn't want him.

|Niccolo|
I sat beside her, just as Marco did. We sat there in silence. Her face furrowed deep in thought. Her hair acting like a curtain for her face.

Marco left an hour later, for a test he had to take. He would be back in an hour.

And it was just us.

Two enemies.

Two people who kinda kissed.

Two people in denial.